Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

77131 Fineala, Half Elf Pirate

This is the second time I've painted Fineala. She's being gifted to my friend Riley who seems to be her living counterpart.

100_0352.JPG.f6434ba973c82a34cc6e3ce9eaf41c13.JPG

100_0351.JPG.4ad98131bd88297a2717644d37af8efb.JPG

Her base is a combination of Blond Shadow, Blond Hair, and Brown Wash. It's the first time I've used that for wood and it gives a nice laminated effect that matches the floor of the resturant.

• Like 13

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EvilJames
      Yarr!
      I be a pirate!
      And so be ye.
      So let's all drink rum
      and shove off ta sea.

Ye be the captain
      and I be first mate
      We both be drunken pirates
      on this pirate speak'n date

Follow'n the map
      X shows us tha way
      To booty and plunder
      On Talk Like a Pirate Day!

How can there not be a talk like a pirate day thread here?
      Perhaps it should be Paint (like) a Pirate day.
      Perhaps we should all try and paint a pirate today? Yarr. I be thinkin I'll try.
    • By EvilJames
      Yarr!!!! Once again the day to talk like grog swilling bilge rats is upon us. Make haste and drink ye rum before it's gone

• By Glitterwolf
      77135 Mariel Twinspear.
      Officer on one of the Pirateships of the fleet of Bloody Bess.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=150

• By Vacaroja
      This is my second entry into the Reaper Facebook Convert and Paint contest. I wanted to do this one because I love doing dragonman (dragonborn) conversions. There just aren't enough kinds of dragonmen to model for various character classes. And I'm glad that the catfolk minis came out within the last year because when I think about dragonmen, I like to see their clawed hands and feet, so it makes them great for such a conversion in my eyes.

These were the minis used for parts, including pieces from the dragonman conversion kit: 03457.

Poor Shadoweyes got her head and tail cut off.  Then I had to do some filing and filling to smooth out the cuts (particularly in the back because the tail was sculpted against the backs of the right leg and sword) and some of the fur pattern on her arms and legs. Also had to create small bit armor at the base of the tail so the pieces flowed together well. All Captain Razig lost was his hat and added a head and tail from the conversion kit.

Originally, she was going to be green with dark purple/red armor.  But after I got the original base coats on, I felt she looked too much like a lizard and not a dragon, so I switched it up.

She ended up being the winner.  I was shocked. I figured I might place, but pretty as she is, I didn't think this was one of my better pieces. But she was fun to do and I'm glad the Reaper folks put together this event.

And now, because I still feel bad about chopping off Shadoweyes' head, I'm using a portion of the winnings to buy another one to paint!
    • By Pineapple
      As with the other ghosts, I was playing around with quickly airbrushing a ghost effect.  I liked the green tone of these Bones 4 minis, but I'm not a big fan of translucent figures.  I wanted to paint over them, but keep the ghost vibe.  These are much greener in person.  I like them, but I think the blue ghosts in the other thread turned out a tad better.  These ended up a hair too bright for what I was going for, but it's all in the name of science! I might glaze them down a bit later.

• Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 260 Guests (See full list)