• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      And good evening again!

And quite in contrast to the other figure I just posted, this little thief is quite a bit more sensibly attired, covering herself up relatively decently I'd say.

I think this is also sculpted by Dennis Mize, but not 100%.  

Once again, as per usual, my hardest decision is always colors, so used Terran khaki for her main skin color and kept some cool colors with her wardrobe mostly.

The only thing that didn't really work out like I wanted was that on her boots she had laces going up them, but I just kind of highlighted them a little and didn't do anything with them, because her left leg is bent down so much, even though they were sculpted there I couldn't really reach them very well.  Other than that though pretty happy with how she came out.  

She has sort of an odd vest that is open in the front and then ties closed in the back, but at the end of the day that's how she was sculpted, so just obeyed the sculptor!

Once again, may she not be painful upon your eyeballs!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      another figure I just finished, an old Ral Partha figure, which I think might have been part of their redesigned Partha Imports back in the day.

And of course, she's dressed extremely sensibly, as if she's screaming "you will NOT stab me in the nipple!".   She was fun to do however, nice big face and a simple piece to paint.

So anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi all!
      So this is my first posting since we got a new computer, so hopefully I can get the images figured out and in the correct size, et cetera.

This one is my third of my swarthy skinned triad of Rap Partha figures sculpted by Dennis Mize.  This is a Sorceress with Wand, another old figure probably from around 1979 from Dennis Mize's Children of the Night series.

I had lots of "parts" to this little lady and I kept adding colors so hopefully she's not overly colorful.  The last thing I painted was the crystal on her wand, and couldn't figure out what color to use.  Eventually ended dup with reddish, magma'y or something similar.

And with these old smaller 25 mm figures, I think I'm going to start getting into the habit of having a comparison figure, with the infamous US quarter I keep on my desk:

So anyhow, that's the figure of the day for me, will be getting back to the old painting board to hatch up some more concoctions of color soon!
      Enjoy and Happy Father's Day to all you groovy guys lucky enough to procreate!
      Mark

• By 72moonglum
      So here is a small little mini that was sculpted way back in 1979, making the sculpt already 40 year old.  It was sculpted by Dennis Size in the old Partha Days and belonged to a game that Partha had produced called the Witch's Cauldron, which pitted adventurers against monsters.  I've never actually played the game some miniatures that I've painted actually came from this game. So here is the witch, to whom the cauldron belonged.  She is a small little figure and crouched down to make her even smaller.  The white hair has actually got some shades and washes in it, but you can't always see them in these photos. Anyhow, enjoy:

I'm reasonably pleased with her. I was kind of going for Drow but not Drow. I really like the "Dark Elf" triad for the Drow, but I've seen artwork that shows Drow skin almost more like dark, natural tones, so wanted to give a try for that, plus I'm also painting two other figures with the same skin tones that just flat out have a more African vibe. 

• Who's Online   30 Members, 3 Anonymous, 202 Guests (See full list)