Atari VCS: Game, Stream, Connect Like Never Before - IGG

• Members

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atari-vcs-game-stream-connect-like-never-before-computers-pc#/

A CLASSIC, REIMAGINED.

Atari VCS transforms how you will engage with your TV, with a nod to Atari’s rich history of pioneering interactive entertainment and hardware innovation.

It’s from Atari, so of course there are classic arcade games, plus the latest modern and Indie PC titles from a wide variety of independent developers.

Proprietary Atari VCS User Interface with optional voice control and integrated web browser for full access to all that the internet has to offer to navigate and curate your personalized entertainment experience.

fybznqr7diyzsajmrd0s.jpg

Built on an open source Linux OS so you can add your own software and apps to customize your own platform.

A planned line of Atari VCS peripherals and accessories will let you build your own Game and Entertainment-Powered “Connected Home” experience.

AT A GLANCE - WITH ATARI VCS YOU CAN:

kyomcdry9nmolpslcn2a.jpg

100+ CLASSIC ATARI GAMES PRE-LOADED ON EVERY VCS & THERE IS SO MUCH MORE

Atari Vault includes more than 100 all-time classics in their original arcade and/or 2600 formats and is ready to play as soon as you connect your TV.

ngmydi8ebgrumgyckff8.jpg

szcsbmxejurxwpqpxdqr.jpg

ATARI GOES ONLINE

For the first time on an Atari device, access the Internet for updated Online Multi-Player experiences and to browse, download, or stream more favorites.* 

The all-new Atari VCS Store promises a unique new experience. Atari is joining forces with a leading industry partner to be announced shortly, with the shared mission to provide exciting and diverse games and other entertainment content for the Atari VCS.

Browse countless new and classic games from both Atari and a host of partner studios and publishers. While we can’t list all the great partners we will have just yet, gamers will be thrilled on day one. 

By Spring 2019 when Atari VCS ships, we plan to have new and exclusive games for you to download* or stream, including reimagined classic titles from Atari and other top developers that are ready-to-play, with even more to come! 
(*Subscription required for advanced services and cloud storage.)

Tempest 4000 will be there, along with other all-new, modern Atari games currently in development for VCS!

It all starts with great games and we intend to constantly add new titles with the help of great partners. We also plan to add video, music and other content to the Atari VCS Store. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some strange reason, this seems familiar, like a second attempt at something that... 

Ahhhh, that's why, it was announced something like six months ago, and didn't really receive that much of a warm welcome from a lot of the media.  Kind of glad to see they've turned things around somewhat with it, but at the same time, that's rather expensive for an emulator that has YouTube added in.....  And runs on Linux. 

.. No beef with Linux, just it's an environment that isn't the nicest to newcomers (or mistakes, if you aren't careful) 

• Like 2

Ah, so that's what happened to the Ataribox. Guess this time at least they didn't yank pre-sales the day before they were supposed to start.

Still, between the December 2017 shenanigans and Atari having turned to some considerable extent into a gambling brand over the last couple of years, my wallet says no to betting on this one.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Arkady said:

Ah, so that's what happened to the Ataribox. Guess this time at least they didn't yank pre-sales the day before they were supposed to start.

Still, between the December 2017 shenanigans and Atari having turned to some considerable extent into a gambling brand over the last couple of years, my wallet says no to betting on this one.

I agree, and I missed the first pre-launch shenanigans.  Too many red flags for a company that is nowhere near what it used to be, and is a company that's literally just using the name for recognition. 

Years ago, I remember their gaming cases, which had a gorgeous exterior (I wanted the Eve Online Rifter one), terrible interior (poor airflow, poorly designed use of space), and were $300 USD...  I wanted one for the design, but the price was a definite not happening. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, cmorse said:

A Raspberry Pi at 10x the price?

I figured the same thing. And there are already commercial, easy to find, completely legal, console emulators loaded with games (Atari Flashback).

Raspberry Pi emulators are already plentiful and available on Amazon/eBay. Previous place I worked, a guy had a NES (or SNES?) build on his Rasp Pi, complete with accessories (gamepads, conection wires, etc.).

Of course, using bootleg ROMS for your Rasp Pi emulator is always questionable. Though I doubt many people feel guilty about them.

• Like 1
On 6/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, Cranky Dog said:

I figured the same thing. And there are already commercial, easy to find, completely legal, console emulators loaded with games (Atari Flashback).

Raspberry Pi emulators are already plentiful and available on Amazon/eBay. Previous place I worked, a guy had a NES (or SNES?) build on his Rasp Pi, complete with accessories (gamepads, conection wires, etc.).

Of course, using bootleg ROMS for your Rasp Pi emulator is always questionable. Though I doubt many people feel guilty about them.

I try to make sure I have the physical cart if I get a ROM, since I missed out on getting a wildcard add on for my SNES.

On 6/6/2018 at 6:26 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

I try to make sure I have the physical cart if I get a ROM, since I missed out on getting a wildcard add on for my SNES.

Since this seems to just use Atari Vault it's not much of an issue since it's a legal $10 purchase.

I have atari greatest hits on my ipad mini, and don't play that all that much, so I see no need to get this. Not counting the many emulators I have across many platforms, I have no need of further game systems as I have (in no particular order) original systems of:

Atari 2600

Colecovision

Amiga 500

Commodore 64

NES

SNES (2 or three I think, one modded to play SFC games)

Genesis with the CD rom addon (sega CD??) Yes, I have a copy of night trap:poke:

japanese turbo graphix 16 (PC engine)

PS1 (4 of them? 2 unmodded, one modded and 1 japanese  unit)

Sega saturn

Nintendo gamecube

Nintendo Wii

and then I got tired (and have a family) of getting systems so this is were I stopped:)

• Like 1