• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      This is the "Soul Stealer" bust from Artisan Guild's welcome pack on patreon. I printed it on my Elegoo Mars Pro resin printer.
      This might be the first bust I have ever painted, not counting an Orc bust from the very early days of Forge World that I started but never finished and sold off at some point in the distant past (oh, the Folly of Youth).

So why this newfound fascination for busts? I hear you ask.

Well, it's the RCL again. "Bust" is a quarterly category, and since Reaper only make a very few busts, none of which are readily available at the moment (there will be a few released after Bones 5 fulfills later this year), the fine folks at Reaper have decreed that bust entries are not limited to Reaper product.

Did I mention that the RCL has been a fun way to choose what to paint? It really helps to keep things fresh and to motivate to finish the pieces I start. And now also to paint other stuff than I usually would.

I do not buy busts as they are generally outside my scope of interest. However, I do own one or two busts as .stl-files that have been parts of patreon bundles.
      And with such an extensive library of files at hand, once I decide to do one, it does not take long to make supports and print one off.

But what to choose? Tentacle-face or a human face?

Do you want to know more?

• By Darcstaar
      Here are some harpies.
      Linked due to nudity.
      When possible, I’ll try to paint Metal along with Bones if I have the same mini in both media.

I found these a little odd, with feathers on part of the wings but serpent scales on the thighs.  So I went chromatic dragon colors.  The feet/claws were based off some raptor pictures off the net.  Also tried three different skin tones: African, tanned, and ruddy, with correspondingly ?appropriate hair colors?  I gave two beach bases and one a rocky base.

Enjoy.
      FYI black scales with white feathers is BONES, and the other two are Metal.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0ukqgzcvl45o33a/AADc0CkmAcGnUSlhD9bRjTZ6a?dl=0
    • By Darcstaar
      Linked photos due to nudity.
      This was a quick paint job trying out the Golden Skin triad.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gv67iiqzdbmkgnp/AABkN4rQVefNZkapQ8dJLibna?dl=0

I’ve never tried Dropbox before, let me know if it doesn’t work right.
    • By Darcstaar
      Another quick and dirty.  No blending in the skin/fur.  A night’s work showing my son about painting fire.  No WIP.  Sorry the face close up is out of focus.

• By Glitterwolf
      RocketPig Miniatures.
      3D printed on Elegoo Mars.

Necromera.
      Part of my Children of the Night Project.
      WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

It's night, it rains and it seems everybody in this forsaken town has closed their doors and windows.
      Even the Inn seems to be closed, why?
      One would think the villagers are afraid of something.

You hear the sound of wings in the dark sky above you.
      Suddenly you hear a soft voice:
      All alone in the dark? How nice!

You turn around and the last thing you see is the Necromera.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)