• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"What, ho!", he said, referencing Marion <Madog ducks>.

Very Errol Flynn as already mentioned. Good job on your color placement. Another winner!

PS. I especially like that you are also a fan of Ral Partha stuff, especially the older items. Did you enjoy your trip to their factory? I went a couple of times when they were down in Norwood, and when I discovered the new (at the time) IWM location, took my home schooled kids on a field trip there. We all loved seeing the entire process and Mike Noe and the staff were all quite kind to us.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Madog Barfog said:

"What, ho!", he said, referencing Marion <Madog ducks>.

Very Errol Flynn as already mentioned. Good job on your color placement. Another winner!

PS. I especially like that you are also a fan of Ral Partha stuff, especially the older items. Did you enjoy your trip to their factory? I went a couple of times when they were down in Norwood, and when I discovered the new (at the time) IWM location, took my home schooled kids on a field trip there. We all loved seeing the entire process and Mike Noe and the staff were all quite kind to us.

Hi Madog,

Thank you for the kind words!  Yup, enjoyed my visits there quite a lot. I think I've been there now maybe four times, but nothing I do too frequently, as I live twelve hours away driving!  The folks there are always super friendly, nice bunch of guys!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Is Ral Partha still available? I'd love to pick this mini up, big Errol Flynn fan!

The majority of the old Ral Partha minis are currently available from Iron Wind Metals... (IWM is essentially Ral Partha 2.0, as some of the same people are in charge of it.)

And this guy is still available - in their online store, on the left side of the screen click on "Fantasy Player Characters", then in the middle of the screen click  "Rangers"... He's listed as DF-424 Robin Hood, and will set ya back $4.25...

He is, of course, in true 25mm scale, which means he'll seem rather small compared to modern figures.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Very nice work on him!

Do you have any of his companions?

I was kind of wondering that myself.  I see there is out there a potential Friar Tuck, but not so sure about any others.  Is anybody aware of an actual set of these that might have existed?