Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
A new piece of work.
This time it's a WWII themed diorama, 1/72 scale (which makes around half the size of a 28mm figure. The diorama itself has around the size of two smartphones.
The whole project is my entry to a painting competition in a German forum and the first finished work since February 2020 - so one year ago.
The main model, PzKpfw IV Ausf. J, is almost 25 years old. I got this model when I was a kid, and I painted it thickly using email colours, but I never assembled it. Last August, when I moved, I found the model and gave it an overhaul, and when February arrived, I took my time to paint it, do the figures and the diorama.
As always: If you like what you see, and you have nothing more to say, leave a like as a nod to my participation in the forums. I don't need "nice", "cool", "excellent" or "awesome", because those words are used way too frequently to mean anything.
When I have got time, I need to get some plywood to cover the outside of the diorama, but, to be honest - I am way too lazy to do it now. lol.
Check my Instagram page for other work, if you like:
Haven't posted this little project here until now, because I was too lazy to translate it and on top of that not sure if it was too much skin or not enough,
so I first had to browse through other pieces of KDM work to check if it was okay.
Found the exact same picture of one of my references, so I thought: Okay - I can try to translate it now.
After my surprisingly effective try to paint skin on this fellow (check ->here<-) I thought: Why not try and replicate the result on another figure. So I browsed through my pile of shame and found a KDM miniature with barely any clothes on her. So I thought: What perfect way to train smooth transitions.
So after wiping off the dust and priming her ...
I started working on the base layers and first shadows.
After I had applied some more shadows and highlights, I noticed I had defined the thin red line between the muscles of her thigh a bit too strong ...
And in the process of painting her feet, I somehow lost her toes - Oh, my god!
So while I was working on the other parts of her body and slowly building up the paint, I tried to work on her right thigh and on her right foot and get back the definition of the toes.
So after a full day of recovery operations, I finally had a look at my corrections and was surprised ...
In the end I had undone all my previous work and recreated the wrong transition ...
But I found the toes! Yay!
The outlining was a bit too strong, so I had to correct that as well ...
But I managed to make her skin surprisingly smooth.
In the end, I had to repaint the whole muscle section I worked on for a long time.
But now she's got beautiful buns and thighs
buns and thighs
Time for me to map out the other body parts ... making progress. Wonderful!
And while I am fighting her skin, Rhini took a reference book for NMM (In German, I used this to joke about metal painting rhinos - but unfortunately this only work in German)
But ... to be honest. I have no idea how I have to paint her dagger. I really don't know. I've got to think about it. I've painted NMM only once - it was okay, but not enough to make me feel safe doing it.
Well ... we will see.
Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!
Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.
In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!
But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:
Here's the scene:
Kauder reenters his tank (In German)
So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...
First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:
So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.
I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.
The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!
Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.
I've got to dig deeper into it.
So, after quite some time, it's time to present some minis again. This time it's a group of Forge Worlds Death Korps of Krieg soldiers.
Those are a few prototype miniatures for a friends Imperial Guard army. If he likes the paintjob, we'll do them all in this pattern.
Oh, yeah - and just in case anyone goes "nice" or "awesome" or "excellent" again - HE'S WATCHING YOU.
If you really don't have got anything else to say, leave me a "like" instead. I take a "like" as a nod to my participation in this forum. A "nice" is getting me nowhere.
Who's Online 17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)