Paints

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple Barrel really is the bottom of the barrel even for craft paint. I would go with Delta Cermacote for your colors and folk art for you metalics. I still find Folk art metalics eaiser to control than those flakey Valejo Game Color metalics. Even though I like the properties of the "pro" paints when I comes to some things I miss the properties of some of the Craft paints I use to use. I still feel that "pro" paints dry out faster than craft paints. I was able to wet blend with Delta Cermacote using a dry pallet just by thining it down. I can't get my Valejo paints to wet blend because they dry to quickly even though I am using a wet pallet. I need to get some extender.

Well, I have gotten decent (I think) results out of them so far, but I cant seem to locate anyone who will let me borrow thier digital camera to take some pics of the stuff I have done so that I can show you guys what I have been doing. Quite fustrating!!!!! :grr:

Apple Barrel may not be the highest quality, but with enough patience, they can produce rather nice results...as the Golden Demons sitting on my shelf will confirm.

I'm not saying you can't paint a good fig with them. I've used them in the past on quite a few minis. As long as you know their limitations you can work with them quite well. In fact there are some properties the cheap paints have that the "pro" paints lack IMHO.

I use Apple Barrel paints and I have no problems with them. I also use some Vallejo Model Colors, Anita's, Folk Art, Reaper, and Citadel products for painting. Out of all of these, only the Anitas have given me any real trouble.