Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Progress has been halting at best; a vicious combination of annoying chores & a case of the blahs did their thing.
I did start on the painting though. One side has the base colors:

DSCN6460.thumb.JPG.5abd5f5682c9f21133b6b02255fd6ea2.JPG

 

The other gives a hint as to where this is going:

DSCN6461.thumb.JPG.205d1ab323c80351c79f831183c6f078.JPG

 

More later perhaps.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By malefactus
      Halloween always gets my mind going with spooky thoughts...rather like the rest of the year, but more so.
      Now I have been making Pumpkinhead/Jack O'Lantern Folk for quite a while...here's an album of them:
       
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/KbDNTNRCMYcchlRn2
       
      Then I stumbled on this illustration on Pinterest,  AND I had to try that sunny smile:

       
      I was fairly pleased with the test results:

       
      I did a second one  with what I had learned from the first:

       
      ...with a closer look:

       
      The second is closer to the size of the Reaper Jack O'Lanterns that I usually use for the Pumpkinheads. The first is a bit larger. I may wind up using a GW Orc torso
      like this one from  2017:

       
      The legs are GW Zombie legs.
      This another possibility:

       
      OH THE POSSIBILITIES!
    • By malefactus
      Another month another batch of Mushrooms & Associates. This month is a bit lighter than last. I started it toward the end of last month's Gang...which is still waiting on some Show Off photos. 
      I am also hoping to squeeze in some Pumpkinheads & other Halloween strangeness elsewhere. More of that later. For now, The Mushrooms:

       
      With the ever popular Leo Sizechek for comparison:

       
      I got the idea to do a Mushroom/Goblin Wizard from this illustration:

       
      Mine is a bit seedier:

       
      A Goblin Faerie sidekick seemed appropriate. Appropriate or not I wanted to try out some paper punch butterfly wings with a foam coating inner layer:

       
      AND base coated & ready for color:

       
      More whenever.
    • By malefactus
      A few days ago I started a new type of Mushroom based on some Pinterest polymer clay pieces like this one:

       
      This one & his kin are quite a bit larger than the ones I make, but the detail is something to aspire to.
      Here is a step by step of my Mushroom in progress up to yesterday. This is the plumber's epoxy dolly:

       
      The Kneadotite (green stuff):

       
      I use the left over green stuff to make smaller versions of the Big Mushroom...you probably already notice that:

       
      There will be more of this type in varying sizes AND their bases coming along soon...or eventually.
       
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...