Jump to content

Steven Page

Legends of Taltos:Crusaders

Recommended Posts

Rune shakes his head amusedly at the antics of the Malachias and Janara. he catches Erik's eye and says to the Crusader, " Well, I guess I won't be having the soup." He chuckles, and then asks more seriously, "When is the meeting going to take place? I am anxious to get back to my people and see if their plight is as dire as I have heard."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though she tries her best not to, Rai can't help but crack a smile at the antics of the others. She remains close to Ben as she continues to take in the newness of her surroundings. When Ben makes his comment reguarding Freen, she frowns slightly and replies in a low voice, "Even though I would not have said it at the start of this journey or even a few days prior, I will admit now that Marcus is really not so bad after all."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rune shakes his head amusedly at the antics of the Malachias and Janara. he catches Erik's eye and says to the Crusader, " Well, I guess I won't be having the soup." He chuckles, and then asks more seriously, "When is the meeting going to take place? I am anxious to get back to my people and see if their plight is as dire as I have heard."

Erik nods as Rune speaks. "If I remember right, the meeting is tonight, but let me ask Khow-loon to be sure."

 

He moves over to Khow-loon and asks about the meeting time and place, and whether there is a place where the rest of the group can clean up from their journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I appologize for offending, m'lady." Ben says with a slight bow. "I suppose he hasn't done anything to jeopordize the rest of the group. If you say he is to be given the benefit of the doubt, then so be it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aridwyn finally returns with her purchases from the street vendors. "Here, eat this. The bread will settle your stomach," she says as she pushes hunks of bread into Janara and Bhogmur's hands. That accomplished, she takes out her own purchase, a hunk of cheese. She sniffs at it skeptically, then shrugs and takes a bite. "Not bad... though it does seem rather heated, do the Reptus add spices to everything or is it just in the air? I wonder where they get the milk. Krungbeasts, most likely." She takes another bite as she leans against a wall and watches the city around her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khowloon consults with Freen and Erik. Freen then announces to the group, "Sir Erik is to be an Honoured Guest at a banquet given my his Excellency, Khongo-to, at mid-evening. As his...delegation, we will be housed at the visitor's Legation, where we can rest , recover, and relax.

It would be appropriate for a few of us to accompany Sir Erik to the banquet, as his staff. The rest will be fed at the Legation, which is only a few blocks away.

 

"Khowloon informs us that there is waiting staff that speaks our languages, and every effort will be made to make us all comfortable. Are there any further questions?....I would recommend that the Lady Rai, Malachias........"

 

Freen's comments are stopped as he gazes in amazement at the sight of several reptus cleric carrying Bhogmur on their shoulders toward the Royal Palace, the lad still singing to his fish, only now accompanied by finger cymbols, flutes and small drums......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khowloon smiles broadly. "From what I can gather, to see the High Priests. It seems he is the one we have waited for.....The Child of Harmony".

 

Already, crowds of happy citizens are answering the call of the Orc-bearing clerics, and within minutes, hundreds of beings are humming the "Song of Bhogmur". It is only with the greatest difficulty that Janara works her way among them to shadow her friend's child on his journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though puzzled as to why an orc child can bring harmony to the Reptus, Rune decides to do nothing Bhogmur's abduction until the others decide it is a problem. Instead, he makes his way to Rai and bows.

 

"My lady, I have another request of you. Well actually two. First, do not let Freen dictate to you who should attend the banquet. He will try to take advantage of the situation, I am sure of it. Either Erik or yourself should choose who goes. Second, I wish to ask that you let me attend the banquet. Though I know I can trust all you folk of Denelspire, I feel strongly that a dwarf should be present at the negotiations. I will, of course abide by your word, whatever you decide."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janara works her way toward Bhogmur and Malachias follows. The singing, banging and clanging of the indigenous peoples' music makes it difficult for her to communicate with Malachias discreetly, so she shouts.

 

"I wonder what about him it is that's got 'em all follerin' after him like this? You'd think they'd been waitin' for him."

 

She pauses again, seemingly in thought.

 

"I wonder if it's 'cuz he's singin' to the fish. He prob'ly learnt that song from Mister Ernestro. Maybe it's a reptus song, or maybe it's a magic song like the kind Oengus told me about."

 

She stops in mid-step as a new notion crosses her mind, then pushes her way back toward Malachias as he drifts down the street with the current of humming reptii. This time she is more careful to keep her words between just she and Malachias.

 

"Did'ja know Bhoggy's got the healing gift?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rai nods to the dwarf as she wakes curiously as Malachias departs then takes a few moments to ponder. Finally she looks to Freen, "Among us all, you need the most rest. I'm sure you will find peace at the Legation tonight."

 

She turns back to Rune. "I believe it will be an asset to have your presence. I'm glad you freely offer your services instead of waiting upon my order."

 

She smiles slightly before looking to Ben. "Aid Malachias. Ensure no harm comes to Bhogmur. And by the graces of the gods, see that Janara does not find herself in situations involving mischief while Rune and I accompany Sir Erik."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freen smiles and bows slightly to Rai, "As you wish, M'lady. I have, after all, had a very bad day, as has my wardrobe..." He points at the bloodstains on his shirt. "Khowloon, if you would have a lad guide me, I'll see that Lady Jasmine gets to her quarters, and Ernesto to his." When a small reptus answers Khowloon's summons, Freen and his companions head off in the direction indicated.

 

Janara moves closer to Bhogmur's procession, Malachias nimbly moving to stay at her side. Suddenly from a sidestreet, comes discordant sounds in the Reptus toungue. Banners are waved, loud drums beaten, and fists are shaken at the priests, their followers, and the small orc they are conveying. The priests begin to shout back, all in language totally alien to Mal and Janara. She yells, "Mal, there's sumthin wrong. We need t'get him out of here, afore there's trouble." She suddenly feels a large hand on her shoulder, as Joe steps in to put himself closer to the small orc riding the shoulders of the clerics......a paving stone is thrown......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben trots to catch up with Mal and Jane, getting to them about the time that the trouble starts to brew. "Whoa! What seems to be the problem?" he asks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×