Legends of Taltos:Crusaders

Steven Page

"... an he don't look so good either, but'cha know he's gotta act tuff." She cast a worried glance toward Joe, who was so covered in ichor and blood that it was indeed hard to tell how bad off he really was, though she knew he had taken at least two nasty wounds.

"D'ya think anyboddy could help him?"

As quiet as Janara was trying to be, Roman overhears her comment and question. he walks up to his valiant barbarian friend and offers his last vial of healing potion. "Drink up, Joe, you need it far more than I," he says, then adds "Besides, can't have you passing out during the fight with the big monster, now, can we?"

He goes to stand beside George and Erik. "We will give the wounded a few minutes to rest. Ben says there is something very large up ahead. I intend to go on, foolish as it may be. I hope I can count on the two of you for aid." the paladin then moves a little farther down the tunnel and frees his mind of all distractions, attempting to read the soul of whatever it is in the tunnel.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman starts to charge this new threat, but stops himself suddenly. He doesn't feel the wave sickness that the proximity of evil creatures so often brings, so he holds his ground, sword and shield ready, and challenges this new apparition. "Name yourself and your purpose or be struck down in the name of Aurellius!"

"Hey, roman", calls out a vaguely familiar voice, as a certain one-eyed halfling moves into view, toting a blood-encrusted rock-hammer, "Y'ever see one of those monsters that a naked woman from the waist up, with six arms and a snakes tail?"

He goes to stand beside George and Erik. "We will give the wounded a few minutes to rest. Ben says there is something very large up ahead. I intend to go on, foolish as it may be. I hope I can count on the two of you for aid." the paladin then moves a little farther down the tunnel and frees his mind of all distractions, attempting to read the soul of whatever it is in the tunnel.

Erik nods curtly at Roman's words, adding "I'll be there."

The exhilaration of battle was leaving him. Thankfully the potion eased the wound he had taken. Not a bad bit of fighting. No deaths! They sprung their trap, but found our hide too tough!

About three feet from the floor of the tunnel, about thirty yards ahead, there is the feral glow of a single round orb, moving slowly toward the group....
Roman starts to charge this new threat, but stops himself suddenly. He doesn't feel the wave sickness that the proximity of evil creatures so often brings, so he holds his ground, sword and shield ready, and challenges this new apparition. "Name yourself and your purpose or be struck down in the name of Aurellius!"

Erik jumps to follow Roman, skidding to a halt as Roman calls out.

"Hey, roman", calls out a vaguely familiar voice, as a certain one-eyed halfling moves into view, toting a blood-encrusted rock-hammer, "Y'ever see one of those monsters that a naked woman from the waist up, with six arms and a snakes tail?"

Completely surprised, Erik lowers his arms a bit hesitantly, looking alternately at the new arrival and Roman. What in hel's vineyard is a halfling doing down here?!?! And how'd he make it through alive?!?!

Erik leans in toward Roman a bit, softly asking, "You know him?!?!"

Relaxing his guard a bit, roman answers Erik's question first. "Sort of. He came into town with Joe a few days ago. His name is Zeke, he's......" Aurellius' servant trails off as the halfling's question sinks in. "Have I ever seen a what?"

Another pause before he answers, a mixture of puzzlement and horror on his face "No, no I haven't."

Hearing the commotion, Janara turned and immediately recognised Zeke. Though it seemed like forever to her now, it had not been that many hours since she spoke to him last, asking him to put Joe to-bed.

"Zeeeek!", she called out, trotting over to the halfling. "You sed you was gonna take Joe home, not leave him snorin' in no chapel!"

Though she had originally intended to punch him in the ears for being so careless, it suddenly dawned on her that Zeke had probably passed by whatever Ben had heard down in the unexplored tunnel.

"What was you talkin' 'bout a six arm nekkid snake woman?"

"I'm surprised you needed to ask." George says to Roman in responce to his question.

As Roman walks off, George goes and kneels with Ben, Rai and Jasmine but is soon on his feet as Roman bellows his challenge. Once Zeke joins the group though, George lowers his sword and after wiping hellhound ichor off of it he places it into his scabbard.

"That sounds like a vile Darkspawn abomination alright." George comments, rather unhelpfully, as Zeke, Janara and Roman discus the half naked snake woman thing with six arms.

After checking in on Rai and Jasmine, Ben accompanies George back to the group of warriors. He manages to avoid pulling the trigger and lodging a poisoned bolt in Zeke when the halfling shows up, and is intrigued with his description of the creature that lies ahead. "Roman, sir, if you can think of any way that my skills can be of use to us here, I am yours to command." He says humbly.

"HEY JOE! ARDYWEN WANTS'TA HAVE A LOOK AT THEM DEAD DARKSPAWNS!"

Aridwyn grins to herself at Janara's enthusiasm (or was it just her volume?) and moves to perform a quick search of the bodies. It might be a waste of time, but it never hurts to look, right? It was probably worth it just to have something to do besides worry about whatever was down the tunnel. She could worry herself into panicking, and that certainly wouldn't make a good impression.

As she finishes, she hears the commotion and goes over to see what has happened further down the tunnel.

Catching the topic of conversation, Aridwyn sighs and pulls an arrow out of her quiver. "A six-armed snake woman can only be one thing: trouble. Want me to take point, Roman?" As she fits the arrow to her bow, she decides she really doesn't care what anyone hears her say at this point. "Ghakdush!! I hate snakes!"

"What's everyone getting so worked up about?" asks the tiny mountaineer/caver.

"I didn't see NOTHING back that way, except some sap with a broken bow...." He looks at the bloody hammer in a matter-of-fact way...."and he won't be talking...

I was just asking Roman a question, from an interest in monsters, particularly half-female naked ones...I know a couple of gents that run carnivals and are always looking for new attractions....."

"I believe the proper course of action in the event of meeting such a foul creature is to kill it where it stands as punishment for offending the Father." George says to Zeke, rather matter of factly.

The newly minted knight then cast his eye on the halfling. "Only the one you say? And how did you get down here, and how long ago?"