• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mocha
      Hi folks!

Today I started painting #03836 "Jakob Janssen, Monk" for our friend Jakob. Sending him some good vibes during this time and excited to finish this and ship it his way! I started with skintones and I'm currently working on painting him with a big ol' George Clooney smile  

I want to finalize my color scheme but I'm really struggling! Many great painters have already posted photos of their version of this mini and I want to do something different than what's already been done. Here are the three I'm considering:

The traditional Shaolin monk color scheme Iron Fist (Marvel) color scheme? (green & yellow) Halfling Monk (Pathfinder) color scheme? (green, red/orange, yellow with freehand insanity) Others??  
      HALP! The more options I research, the less decisive I get. Going to check back in tonight to see what folks think since I'll need to decide before my livestream tomorrow morning. At the end of the day, no matter what color scheme I choose, I'll do my absolute best to make sure it's something that will hopefully bring @JakobJanssen some creative joy   I'll check back in soon. Thanks in advance for your thoughts & suggestions!! 

--Mocha

• By BardicDave
      My goal here was to push myself to go as fast as possible. Start to finish it took approx. 2.5 hours, which is definitely a record for me. Contrary to my usual practice, I painted the integral base; when I do get around to doing a proper base, I will likely integrate it into the display. C&C welcome.

• By stormbreach
      I finished this Mountain Troll.  It's kind of ironic, I painted him so he gets off my shelf of shame but due to his forward lean pictures were difficult so he is photographed literally ON my shelf of shame .  It's not just a shelf, I also have bins of shame in the closet but that's another topic.  I originally thought I'd give him a rocky hide and a paler fleshy underbelly but the underbelly turned out a lot darker than my original thoughts, but I still like it anyway.  The closeups show the transition between that tone and the hide, it's on his inner arms and upper inner thighs as well because that seemed natural to me.  The thing I am unhappy with is that he doesn't "pop".  I really liked the look of the craggy hide and how he looked after the Strong Tone wash so I was too scared to highlight him very much because I was afraid to ruin it.  I don't drybrush very well and when I layer I feel like I'm stumbling along in the dark so you can see one layer on his hide and the rest is just some edge highlights.  I'm still working on layering but it seems hard.  Anyway, on to the pictures.  Hope you guys like him.

• By elfonamouse
      Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that.  He came missing the the left hand and club. 

• By GodOfCheese
      Hadn't painted metal in a while... it was refreshing!

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)