Sign in to follow this  
Reaper Ron

ReaperCon Gaming Submissions Now Open

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

Are there any D&D games with pregen characters?  I'd like to play, but I don't know 5E and I'm not interested in keeping the character around for league play.  Just want to throw some dice one afternoon. 

Additionally, you should be able to use a or even (you can download various ones from the WOTC site) at any of the Tier 1 Adventure Leage games.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 5:00 PM, Inarah said:

Are there any D&D games with pregen characters?  I'd like to play, but I don't know 5E and I'm not interested in keeping the character around for league play.  Just want to throw some dice one afternoon. 

@Inarah Did you find a game? I'm in the same boat, but looking for a shortcut to pick a game. ;) 

20 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Must choose games to play and find a friend to lone me a 5e phb.

Pretty much all of the rules of the phb are available in the free basic rules PDF on the wizards site. The only thing missing is a few classes.

1 hour ago, Dragoneye said:

@Inarah Did you find a game? I'm in the same boat, but looking for a shortcut to pick a game. ;) 

Reading the Basic rules http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules will give you a good understanding of 5e. It's not a long read and other than a few differences, it uses a lot of the terminology of older versions. I've been told by a good amount of players that it's easy enough to pick it up quickly because it is a mix of old and new ideas.

Also, here's some pregen characters http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets but creating characters is muuuuch easier and quicker than before. It takes about an hour for a person's first time, and 15-20 mins after you have gotten the gist of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So I've never played outside of my home group.  Do I need to sign up anywhere (aside from the Reapercon gaming schedule) before joining an adventure league game or just show up with a character?

Figure I'd try to join some games this year since I'll be on my own don't have to worry about leaving a friend all alone.

21 hours ago, Dragoneye said:

I'm just going to wander around and see if anyone has an open seat at one of the low level games where I can run a pregen. Have zero interest in making a character.  I do have a basic understanding of D&D, I started playing ~1982, but not the quirks of 5e so I'm sure to fluff it up if I pick stats and skills myself. 

• Like 2

None of my 5e games are Adventure League. I'll have a variety of levels from level 2, all the way up to level 8. Also variety of class/race combos as well. Also all of my characters are based on Reaper miniatures. Names, basic race/class combo. Other then some like Nolzur's or Bombshell. Also since it's ReaperCon - Mouselings!!!

Again, I wasn't sure how registration needed to be worded for the Con site but my games are, If I have a seat available, it's yours if you want it. Preference goes to people that signed up of course.

Also I'm not sure but some of the games got listed with less seats then I wanted. All of games are for 4 to 6 seats. My games again are Table 8 in the gaming room this year.

Also I think I will run the "The Havarti Job" after the Con is over. I'll do the Sunday dinner but I'd like to play this game as a one last get together for ReaperCon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

I'm just going to wander around and see if anyone has an open seat at one of the low level games where I can run a pregen. Have zero interest in making a character.  I do have a basic understanding of D&D, I started playing ~1982, but not the quirks of 5e so I'm sure to fluff it up if I pick stats and skills myself. 

I thought of that too. But I have a pretty full class schedule, so I'll  have conflicts if I dont select in advance. I feel the same way about 5e... I just feel like playing, nothing serious. Im gonna review the adventure league pregen tonight and see what fits in my free slots. Including non AL if they fit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hiddenone32 said:

So I've never played outside of my home group.  Do I need to sign up anywhere (aside from the Reapercon gaming schedule) before joining an adventure league game or just show up with a character?

Figure I'd try to join some games this year since I'll be on my own don't have to worry about leaving a friend all alone.

So for Adventure League (5E) all you need is a legal character (download the AL player's pack, it has all the stuff you need) and optionally a DCI number (free from Wizards of the Coast website).  The DCI number isn't really useful for anything except for stores that you play games at to get credit for their WPN rating.

• Like 2