Othikent

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! Glad you all like them.

On 6/16/2018 at 2:40 AM, giyomuSan said:

well done, they look nice , wood on shield is really cool, maybe the one with red cape, with a darker red would have been nice, but just personal opinion :)

I suppose he could have stood to have a bit darker red, but I wanted him to pop so I went a bit brite.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Wayward Mariner, this poor soul is from one of Malifauxs Special Edition sets (I think he's part of an alternate Molly crew) by Wyrd Games.

Very happy with how this one painted up, my only problem is how I've had to awkwardly wedge him in one corner of his large base to accommodate his overhanging anchor, looks weird and stupid.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Jelsen the Vampire Hunter from Games Workshops Warhammer Quest:- Cursed City board game.

Pretty pleased with this one, I was worried about how to paint certain areas (Like his little tucked away face), but I think he ended up looking decent.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
    • By Metalchaos
      Some more ghouly chill down your spine, this is the stuff of nightmare. These are 77720, Ghouls and Ghast sculpted by Julie Guthrie and Bob Ridolfi.

• By Metalchaos
      As you continue exploring the cathacomb, you catch sight of a ghastly humanoid creature walk in your direction. The stench of death and rot lingered around its undead forms. You recognize with horror, a minion of the dark necromancer queen Kiaransalee. This is a 77159, Ghast sculpted by James Van Schaik.

• By R2ED
      Just picking up on all the posts I've missed over the last few months.  

Battle Report! 
      Turns out squigs are not just funny looking, they are funny to paint.  I loved these models and really found they took amazing to dry brushing. I was testing colors and layers.  

Highs:
      * dry brush was excellent.  Used some cheapo makeup brushes and they did great. 
      * i used a purple glaze over orange and then built it up with orange further.  Looked good. 
      *  blue came out great, but i don't know what layers to use on it to give contrast like the purple orange one. 
      *teeth are all solid and look good. 
      *skin folds are natural looking and added freckles on some are much better than expected. 
      * the yellow one was testing out transparent paints and it went on like a dream. 

Lows:
      *not too many complaints really.  These all came out more or less as expected.  
      * challenged by how low they are to the base and getting them with ground effects. 
      *never painted mushrooms and wasn't sure how to go about it.