Sign in to follow this  
ThirstyBob

HOW TO POP SHOGGOTH -- Popped, thanks :D

Please help guys, I should be done with this guy by now but I just need the purple to POP, I think. Maybe something else needs doing?

IMG_20180616_025932.jpg

IMG_20180616_025948.jpg

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 4

Heres how i would do it:  Mix tiny amounts of red and white into the purple to make a series of progressively brighter tints of the purple and keep highlighting.  Keep brightening the series of tints until the brightest one is practically white.  Then  put a very thin layer of the brightest purple you have on there right now (before adding the purple tints I described) over the whole purple area.  Then repeat the process.  The layers of purple will blend together but also look much brighter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would highlight the purple with hot pink.

I'd mix Quinacridone Magenta with Titanium White, but basically any eye-watering bubblegum type pink will do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SHOGGOTH POPPIN NOW. Thanks for the help guys, geoff your technique sounds amazing but this is supposed to be a quick tabletop job, so I went with the faster route.

IMG_20180616_143613.jpg

• Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Talae
      All miniatures are in 28mm scale to realistic accuracy. Dinosaurs are scaled per paleontological reference. Dinosaur: 1944 is a cooperative strategy game about army men vs. prehistoric monsters. In it, you and up to 3 other players control brave soldiers in a World War II setting, struggling to save the entire world from the threat of a Mesozoic rebirth. It is in part a battle game, as you maneuver around the map and fight the enemy. It is in part tower defense, as you place ambushes to help take out or slow down the incoming fiends. Each hero has unique strengths and weaknesses – your victory depends both in mastering your own hero and cooperating with your friends.
      As the game progresses, you face more numerous foes and dinosaur bosses enter the field. Eventually you face the final boss – defeating her wins the game. Beware: if the dinosaurs devastate your base camp, you’ll be stranded on Kyuryu Jima, prey to the horrors therein.
      Click to Download Word Doc Version. Illustrated Rulebook Coming Soon!    

• By Kangaroorex
      Started this as a PC but the game went nowhere so he sat on my desk for quite some time.  finally got around to finishing him and thought i would share.  He's quite well detailed and has a lot of character I might get another one to try in a different color but that will be another day.  Hope you enjoy him

• By Inarah
      Picked up this fellow as part of the recent Realm of the Dragon Kickstarter project.  He is on a 40mm base,  barely, and is a pretty good size. Did a simple tabletop paint job, a couple of layers of color and washes.  Very happy with him given how easy he was to paint. 

• By Shadespyre
      Painted to match my Warhammer Vampire army, using old Citadel Foundation paints and a lot of Agrax Earthshade wash
    • By lexomatic
      So pre-launch (I think October). Just under 2000 copies are already printed and will ship after the pledge manager closes. More supporters will be part of a second print run for January 2020. About 30US$ to ship to Canada for a softcover & pdf. Also the option exists to back in advance for the 3 follow up adventures. That seems to be at a 5$ discount from the first module.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)