White Dragons don’t share

MKCS

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eldamir said:

Cool icicles!   Am imagining this done in a heavy snow setting - with deep snow outside and blown into the corners.. (far outside my skill range to pull something like that off, but is a neat picture in my head at least :D )

and I just noticed that your dwarven cleric is already down?  Doesn't look good for our band of adventurers!

(Darn!  Someone noticed!)

I had strong feelings about the Dwarf Cleric.  It was the only model kind of out of place.  It almost seemd like a filler-model.  Every other model is in gauging the dragon.  Mr Dwarf is running away(?).  So I decided to omit  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MKCS said:

I had strong feelings about the Dwarf Cleric.  It was the only model kind of out of place.  It almost seemd like a filler-model.  Every other model is in gauging the dragon.  Mr Dwarf is running away(?).  So I decided to omit  

In mine, I thought it looked like he was standing out of the line of fire, but prepared to keep the tank healed - which, of course, leaves the sorceress, ranger and thief on their own.. 

Or, perhaps, turning him a bit, he's actually facing back into the little tower so he can attack the dragons soft underbelly? :)

edit - and yes, i just turned my little duergar cleric so he can do just that!  Poor Navatharr is about to take a `Harm` in her unmentionables.. 

Edited by eldamir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wdmartin said:

Is there a WIP thread?  I'm always interested in seeing how people do things.  Your snow turned out particularly well.

Unfortunately no.  I didn’t even have the presence of mind to take pictures as I went along.

This was my first attempt at a snow style base.  A lot of learning on the fly!

I started with the heavier globs:

Mixing white glue, a dollop of white paint, and a pile of baking soda.  Mixed into a thick paste, and randomly applied.  (It looked a lot nicer when first applied, as the globs hung like icicles.  Over a matter of minutes gravity won...)  

Snow:

I had an empty armor all spray container.  The finger plunger style.  I mixed 60/40-ish water and white glue.  Shook until my arm was numb, and the mixture was viscous enough to spray but had enough glue that stuff would stick!

I sprayed the model in only one direction, about a 45* from the rear of the model so the faces of the steps wouldn’t get sprayed (with the dragon and adventures off).  

Using a spoon I dumped/sprinkled (mostly dumped)  games workshop snow over it.  It’s not a little messy either, best to do it outdoors.  After about 20 minutes I took the air compressor to the model.  

And what you see is the the final result.

• Like 1