So, I went to Origins this weekend and entered the Reaper Speed-Paint. I was only supposed to be at the con on Friday and Saturday, but I paved on Friday and won my Saturday semifinal, so I called in sick on Sunday so I could compete in the finals, where I managed to pull off a win. Friday was the scarecrow, Saturday was the hobgoblin, and Sunday they gave us the Jungle Titan. I'd already painted two of the three before, which certainly didn't hurt when it came go time.

I didn't get a chance to get pictures in my photo studio before heading out on vacation, so these are the shots I took with my phone at the convention. 

20180615_115723-1.jpg

20180616_155943-1.jpg

20180617_120151.jpg

We had 45 minutes in round 1, 50 minutes in round 2, and a whopping 60 minutes in round 3.

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
Wanted to add time limits
  • Like 20

10 hours ago, Pillpeddler said:

:down:

I so wanted to get to Origins, I've never been and I hear it's a blast.

It sure can be a lot of fun, but I definitely spent too much money. So many cool things, though. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cranky Dog
      Midlam keeps doing exactly what I want. Rounding up my collection with original miniatures that pairs up well with the original.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/hobgoblin-raiding-party-volume-two?ref=profile_created

Yes, THEY'RE ALL METAL.

A Note on Metal
      We moving onto a lead free high quality pewter from a reputable metal dealer.  All our past metals had a high Tin content, but could contain a small quantity of lead (typically no more than 5%).  Even still, we cannot guarantee that any of our metal will be entirely lead free.

• By TGP
      A thread dedicated to Work In Progress pix of those minis that have sacrificed their surface area to the never ending the quest to find ways of slapping paint on without it looking like absolute rubbish.

(Some miniatures may be harmed in the making of this thread.) 

Contents List:
      A Random Space Marine
      A (bugbear?) shaman
      A bloke named Mangu
      To be edited if more be added…...

Keywords
      TGPTGP, speedpaint, speed paint, color scheme tests
    • By Iridil
      Hi all,

Continuing on my not so subtle theme a a group of 4 Gauntfields with colorful taste in coats.

The 5th Guantfield is one I painted at RC 2018 random paint - just added a few touches to it at home. That was fun.... and came out rather well considering the random colors and need for polka dots on the sickle!

• By Citrine
      This was a quick speed paint, less than an hour. And I think the Night Spectre (Reaper Bones SKU 77099) turned out looking awesome for the amount of effort put in.

• By Inarah
      It's that time of year again.  I wasn't able to paint over Memorial Day weekend, so I've bumped it to the next available date. Those of us in the US have a 3 day holiday weekend coming up (July 3-5) and I am challenging you all to join me in a massively multiplayer paint binge!   Everyone is welcome to join, even if you can only paint for one day. 

The object is to finish as many figures as possible. Quantity counts over quality.  All manufacturers are fair game, posting of WIPs and finished pieces is strongly encouraged. You may prep and prime figures before hand, in fact I recommend it. Get out all those new Bones,  old primed or half painted figures and get ready to finish them! 

Got an army to finish, need to move some half painted terrain off your desk, want to tackle that dragon for the big figure contest?  Stuck at home because of the virus? Shelf of shame looking a little crowded?  This is the time.  All manufacturers, and 3d print jobs are fair game. 

Prep and prime your figures now so they are all ready to go Friday morning (or if you're taking a 4 day weekend, Thursday night). Have your camera ready to share photos.  Photos strongly encouraged!  You have until midnight the evening of the 6th to post your progress and be counted in the total. 

For this holiday there is a special extra challenge: paint with the colors red, white, and blue.  You do not have to use all 3 colors at once or have a patriotic theme. 

Painting begins at 00:01 July 3 and ends 23:59 July 6, in your time zone.  

Those of you who video chat are welcome to set up channels.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)