Sign in to follow this  
giyomuSan

AoW - Vignette Orc VS Barbarian

Well done!

I especially like the attention to the base you give to your pieces.

Wonderful scenery which complements the well painted minis!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.

I feel base, scenery is as much important as the figure itself but I am not doing any game, so If I had to paint army or a lot of minis for a game I would not maybe take that much time on basing :D..

It's really entertaining to do ..the cons of that is , I am going to quickly run out of space if I keep doing much more base like that and eventually bigger :D..I also need a bigger light box !

Edited by giyomuSan

35 minutes ago, Spooktalker said:

A very nice scene with vivid colors and a strong sense of nature! I'm finishing up that same orc, as it happens.

@Spooktalker

Thanks ! Yeah the orc Shaman from AoW is quite nice and the hand once glued do not break up ...compared to the barbarian end hammer part which came off several time :D..

Let us see it once you finished !

Awsome! I like that the orc shaman is kept in earth colors.. And the barbarian is standing more out from the nature-back ground.

Great painting and building all round.

I know the feeling of running out of 'diorama' - space! *sigh*

8 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Awesome piece!  Did you do a WIP for the base too?

@NecroMancer

Thanks, yes I posted couple photo of the base in progress but in my Orc Shaman wip , here :

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      Fun bunch to paint, I like the leader model. Hope you like them! :) 
    • By Darcstaar
      Just pulled these out of the drawer.  One of these Orcs was next in line on the Bones I Kickstarter Rewards image, so I’ll try to squad-paint them together to save time. They have been cleaned of mold lines.  The spearman’s spear was very bent, as was the great sword.  So, those got weapon swapped with basic weapons from Bones 3.  Those are darker grey.  Washed them, so just waiting for them to dry.  Also had to gap fill spearman’s wrists.
    • By Evilhalfling
      Is this encounter a matter of survival or planned by the sorceress.  Her story either way seems... fishy. 

First attempt at a large resin Diorama. 
      It needs the resin sides sanded/buffed with a mechanical sander.  By hand the resin just turns cloudy, so ill will leave it this way until I have access to the proper tool.
      a few additional refinements should be done before I enter it into competition 
      - more work on wave/ripple patterns.
      - change color / wetness of raft. 
      -paint base black. 

I am happy with it as a display piece,  I just need to keep the dust off, a the wave surface will be a headache to clean. 

WIP Thread.

• By Auberon
      This is my summer exchange mini for Rainbow Sculptor.  The marching orders were for Bones and something witchy.  I have fallen out of favor with Bones, but Bones Black seems better so I ordered a few of those.  In the end I went with the shaman.  On one hand the fabric was just a large block of color that needed broken up, but on the other the contours made it difficult to do anything too fancy.  Thus she ended up with a simple pattern that I could manage to get into the folds of the fabric.  The skin was mixed from 09658 Christmas Wreath and 09694 Retro Emerald, just because I'd never used them.

• By Shadespyre
      Hello Reaper friends!  You might remember I did a whole tribe of Hill Giants on a display board, with hex bases?

This is my follow up to that, this time: Stone Giants.

Errrm, it all got a bit out of hand, and I'd LOVE some input from you all, please

This is where I'm at after a week and I'm a bit stuck tbh.

I think I need to decide more about what the "finish" will look like before I go a lot further. Once I cover that foam with more than paint it's going to be harder to make changes. I'm thinking of sort of "cladding" it in pieces of slate, with sculpted  bits / groundwork in the gaps?

I'd also love to hear suggestions for other miniatures and features to add to the scene to break up those big open rocky spaces. Current extra bits and bobs are just there for a sense of scale and how extra minis might "interrupt" or "enhance" the scene.

Some next steps though:
      - cork around the hexes on the platforms for the bases to fit into
      - some sort of "door frame"
      - "box in" the sides (which are cut out of a continuing mountainside, in my head at least)

Please, rain your ideas and encouragements upon me!

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)