Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Dragon Lady by Tom Meier

14 hours ago, KruleBear said:

That is a nicely sculpted mini from that era...and well painted. 

Thanks very much!  I have a feeling than any old miniature nerd over the age of forty probably has this figure tucked away somewhere.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

Thanks very much Glitterwolf!

40 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

“Dungeon Lady” ... hence the ragged dress.

Hei Rob! You're totally correct! Just went back to one of the old catalogues and she was originally ES60 Dungeon Lady with Pet Dragon.   This is one of the ones you sent me I think, wasn't it?

• Like 1

On June 24, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Chaoswolf said:

She looks fantastic!

Thanks! One thing I wondered about this one, if you painted her with white hair and violet eyes, could she be a certain Khaleesi?

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arc 724
      Its been a while since I have put up any WIP on Reaper but I figure I should for this guy. Commission paint job for an old DnD GM. :) 

Shadow Dragon
      Custom base and designed to fit in an index card box. I even grooved out the bottom to fit so it would not move. More pictures on that later. 

• By Poilu_1914
      In the thread "Metal Minis We Would Like to See" I posted about getting a triple figure pack for all possible uses with your adventurer. Figured I'd post an image of one I used back in the late 70s when I played Chivalry & Sorcery. The mounted and foot figures are Ral Partha and the dead one (luckily never had to use him) was an Orc casualty figure (manufacturer unknown) modified by using an extra RP knight. And yes, I do know how to spell complete; I'm referencing one of my favorite books, The Compleat Enchanter by L. Spague deCamp and Fletcher Pratt. Check it out for a very fun read!

• By Iridil
      This is a repaint of a mini I first painted in the 80s. If I recall the bottom says 1983 Ral Partha. I do not know the figure ID or sculpter, but the folds on her cloak were gorgeous - they pained themselves. 

I did the repaint as I have a character who is a teenager - and could not find an appropriate modern mini. I've never repainted something from my youth, I am generally to nostalgic. The before is the pale skinned one. 

• By Katiepult
      Pathfinder Red Dragon #60028 is a hefty beastie and I definitely did not paint him red. Instead I tried a rainbow piece for Pride 2020 (finished 8/1/2020). Also my first painted model posted here. Pardon my photography skills. I used cut up Caryatid column #77378 for a bit of terrain on the base. My biggest metal model to date.

• By Kangaroorex
      In my continuing effort to continue at least 1 dragon a month, here is my next entry, the wizkids gargantuan dragon.  I believe I should name this one PanicusMaximusNecakus because this one presented special and exciting problems because the dragon has apparently decided to do the flamenco feather dance and his wings were a major obstacle when trying to paint the left side of the dragon's body.  I realize the cause was because they were trying to get the dragon in the box but man was that difficult to work with. 
      I wound up spending a lot of time with one hand pinning the dragon and the wing to the table while I painted with the other.  It was not the most convenient method of painting.  He was also very prickly... very, very prickly! 

because its such a big base, I wanted to provide some interest for the game.  I used the old road stamp from Basius to generate some pieces of broken road amongst a clearing in early fall.  I was thinking of adding a smudge of snow but if I did it would conflict with the ruined stone.

Overall though I like how he came out and I really like the results on his tail and his crown of horns. 
      Hope everyone like him.  This is still tabletop quality as I have been trying to produce quantity over quality.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)