airviper

77580: Ma'al Drakar the Dragon Tyrant WIP

Finally getting back in the game of painting and after finishing a PC for my current group I decided I just had to start working on Ma'al.  Here is the progress so far.

Blocking out the base color to start thinking. Goodbye Olive Green bottle, you had just enough to get through this. You can also see the back of the PC mini I painted for my group for scale.

IMG_6612.thumb.JPG.7a4ea8cd74f948833f18fadbb6a63b95.JPG

Last work tonight was putting the base on two other heads to start ordering the colors around after highlighting up on the olive green section.IMG_6616.thumb.JPG.f29e434ad1e11525fcbec807e5724a4c.JPG

• Like 10

22 hours ago, Rahz said:

Makes me feel bad that mine is still in it's box... 

Great start!

haha, well I've been sitting on mine for awhile too so don't feel too bad!

More progress, placing the base coat on the wings and underbelly.

IMG_6620.thumb.JPG.d345d3050bc32a002a2883e3080e857a.JPG

• Like 5

Ma'al one I've considered taking in as well, it's just... Wow, he'd take up most of the space I have for my painting area o_O

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 3vil3lvis
      Finally finished five faced foe.

Heads.

Wings

• By Kangaroorex
      My take on the classic coloring for notiamat.  The process was quite a series of trial and error.  This one has been taking up a lot of space on my shelf of shame and over the holiday i decided to make the final push and finish the project!  these are just phone photos, i will take better shots and add them when I figure out how to get her into a light box!  This is probably the largest (but not the heaviest) project I have tackled to date.  i started with an assembled model and wound up tearing it apart to finish the job.   I hope people enjoy her.  I think it came out reasonably well.  I did like the way the stone base came out and also the way the 5 colors are integrated into the body without making the dragon look patchwork or giving one color dominance.  i had considered fading the wings through the 5 colors but it distracted too much from the heads.

Well she is finished now, I just need to apply some dulcoat and figure out where to display her.  Let me know what you think!  I will post close ups later

• By airviper
      Finally sealed my Ma'al and got some good pictures in the light box. though I might need to take some more as the white head gets washed out in a few photos.

More photos and close-ups of the heads can be found on my flickr page -  https://www.flickr.com/photos/93463437@N03/

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed finally getting around to painting it after all this time.

And last but not least photo with the full base:

• By SparrowMarie
      Well, I'm finally doing it. I'm going to start painting Ma'al. I think I've gotten enough figured out with Mini Ma'al that I can start. At the very least I'm going to start prepping him for painting...that might take a while. Blue liner and mold line removal are first! Not going to boil him because I can live with the slight bend in the wing(maybe, we'll see how I feel before I liner that wing.) Probably won't post more pictures until after I've linered him. 

• By OneBoot
      For those of you unfamiliar with Goblin Painting Challenges, started by our very own @buglips*the*goblin, here is a link to the Kaladrax thread that started it all:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip .

For this Challenge, I will be painting up Ma'al Drakar in 7 days, using no brushes larger than a size 0. 

The rules are posted below:

I will be starting my Challenge at 1:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time on August 2nd 2017 (link here).
      EDIT: If you want to skip all of the talky stuff, here's the link to my completion picture.
      EDIT: And here's the link to the final entry pictures.

Let the insanity begin!!!  

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 188 Guests (See full list)