Sign in to follow this  
korimar

Darksword Miniatures Ari Birdman

Excellent Painting.

I really like how you balance out the colors.

The Blue green transition is a nice flow.

One of those rare miniatures where you just focus on one aspect,

you work keeps you interested, and discovering more miniature details.

Excellently Done.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all you Reaper hooligans!

So another figure finished, this time a Ral Partha Shadowrun Female Detective, sculpted by Dave Summers, probably latter eighties to early nineties.  Kind of difficult with the eyes because they were small little balls, but otherwise, pretty okay with how she turned out. Gun a little too blue, but probably won't ever fix that I'm guessing.  I kind of like this figure because she's from their Shadowrun line, but she could easily be any normal, modern detective gal. I tried to do very a mild colored blouse, pinkish, with a grey skirt and jacket.  This is also the first time I've worked on pantyhose, so let me know what you guys think. It was after painting her legs as normal skin color, I did some washes of first storm grey, then Dark elf skin shadow, and then finally black.

Anyhow, let me know what y ou think about the pantyhose and hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So I'm working on a really small figure a newish Tom Meier Halfling Druid from DarkSword Miniatures.

I painted the eyes and was kind of satisfied with them but one seems to be bigger than the other, which means I think I painted the black first outside of the target eye that was sculpted. One eye is okay the other one it too big:

so when we get really close to the figure I can see how uneven she is, but she is really, really small:

So my first general question is, would this be enough to frustrate somebody to repaint?  

So with this in mind, the "good" news is I just went from a nice pair of magnifying nerd goggles that go up to around 2.5 to some other ones that I have sitting around that are 3.5 x magnification.  So I almost feel I have a good enough view of the eyes to edit it a little bit.  I'm just wondering if it's all worth it?  Any suggestions?

• By Vacaroja
      I did two new things for me on this one. Played around with cloth texture by crosshatching it in. And tried a new tool, an eyeshadow make-up brush for drybrushing along the feathers. The brush was amazing! I wish I'd gotten one sooner. Previous to the make-up brush I've been using brushes that are less fine or older and beat up. And they just don't lay the color on as fine and delicate. My eyes have been opened to a whole new world of possibilities, haha.

• By BrokenWolf668
      Whew, this one took a bit. I named it "The Getaway". Enjoy. 

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)