Jump to content

72moonglum

Elvis, King of the Bards - Ral Partha

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Lovely work! Brings back Partha memories...

Part of the reason I paint these I think.....And of course because they are just great figures!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iridil said:

Nice to see the figures well painted - keep em coming!

I’m going as quickly as I can! I’m just a slow painter with limited time to paint. Sometimes I have lots of time in the evenings but there are other times I don’t paint at all for a few days. I really do enjoy the hobby, it’s my version of yoga. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 72moonglum said:

I’m going as quickly as I can! I’m just a slow painter with limited time to paint. Sometimes I have lots of time in the evenings but there are other times I don’t paint at all for a few days. I really do enjoy the hobby, it’s my version of yoga. 

 

No pressure :) I'm suuuoooper slow myself and sometimes it takes me a month to finish a figure! I'm just really enjoying the series.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wowzers!  Almost makes me want to take mine and put it in some Pine-Sol and see if I can start over from scratch with the paint job.  As far as I'm concerned, this is one of those classic minis that should never have gone out of production.  :)

Ral Partha made a lot of really amazing minis that inspired me to play an oddball character just so I could make use of it.  (E.g., the "King of the Bards" mini inspired me to play an Elvis impersonator superhero for a "Mystery Men" inspired low-level superhero campaign, and their "Reynard" mini became my rapier-wielding bard character for a fantasy campaign.)  All the same, your paint job here amazes me at how it really brings out that wonderfully fine Ral Partha detail. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iridil said:

 

No pressure :) I'm suuuoooper slow myself and sometimes it takes me a month to finish a figure! I'm just really enjoying the series.

Whenever I get something finished, this forum is always the first (or somewhere between the first and fifth) to know!  In all honesty, this is basically the most active and friendliest forum I've had the joy to come across!

1 hour ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Wowzers!  Almost makes me want to take mine and put it in some Pine-Sol and see if I can start over from scratch with the paint job.  As far as I'm concerned, this is one of those classic minis that should never have gone out of production.  :)

Ral Partha made a lot of really amazing minis that inspired me to play an oddball character just so I could make use of it.  (E.g., the "King of the Bards" mini inspired me to play an Elvis impersonator superhero for a "Mystery Men" inspired low-level superhero campaign, and their "Reynard" mini became my rapier-wielding bard character for a fantasy campaign.)  All the same, your paint job here amazes me at how it really brings out that wonderfully fine Ral Partha detail. 

So A), drop him in some Pine Sol and paint him up again, why not!  And B) he's actually still out there and available on the ralpartha.com web site.   Lots of these old miniatures are out there, just waiting for some re-appreciation!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      So have been doing lately a lot of classic Julie Guthrie from her Partha days and the last one I've finished is what is currently listed as an Archer, but that previously came in a set of three Rangers in her Partha Line "All Things Dark and Dangerous".
       
      Being he's these days called an archer, I kind of deviated from the typical browns and greens as I kind of wanted some deeper, darker colors. I started off with his lavender shirt and then just kept going with different plums and purples. So he's not too nature-like but he's maybe a moon or night ranger.
       
      Anyway, hope you enjoy him!
       

       
      and here's that image he originally came from back in the eighties.  I've got the two guys done, I'm working now on the gal with the staff, hope to have her done before Memorial day is over:
       

       
       
    • By Kangaroorex
      I am taking am attempt at Ral Partha's Ghost dragon.  The box art does him in white but I wanted something different. I wanted to play with color making him red from the top down, blue from the bottom up but making the transition acceptably smooth when liked at from the side..Ill say up front this is not the easiest dragon to work with.  Have I gone wrong?  I would like some opinions on the roughed out paint scheme as well as some suggestions for the eye and mouth color.  Originally I was considering him for a playful ghost but more and more he is looking like more nightmare than daydream 
       
      And sorry for the pictures, I just snapped them off my (rather messy) paint station
       
      From the side:

       
      Top down

       
      Bottom up

    • By Kangaroorex
      This piece has been sitting in my mini drawer for quite some time.  I'm not sure where it came from or why it showed up but it appeared and desired paint so it got some.  I am thinking of making it the grand mentor for the legion of Justice and Caeke to counter the dread influence of Fatimus but we will see.  In the mean time, I dont know too much about this mini other than it was produced by Ral Partha in 1991 for TSR Its pretty and it was fun to paint, but my google fu is not strong enough to find the name of the character and the base has no further information.
       
      So without further Ado, my dragon Elder



    • By Vacaroja
      A flashback from the 90s. A selection of Ral Partha gargantuan orcz pulled out of the Iron Winds random con bins. A couple of them got some minor conversions/addons from Reaper models and weapon packs due to some missing parts. Decided to keep the bases simple. I imagined them trudging across muddy trampled land.
       

       

       

    • By Glitterwolf
      Recently @Kangaroorex sent me a Ki'rinn for my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon Project along with a Asian Dragon, a Chibi Dragon and some candy.
      I already had one of these Ki'Rinn and decided to paint them in two different versions, brother/sister? Evil/Good? You decide.
       
      WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&
       
      Anyway, as with the Asian Dragon I wanted to show their unnatural appearance by combining normal paint with metallic highlights.
      So here they are.
       
      Hope you like them.
       
       












  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 130 Guests (See full list)

×