Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/28/2018 at 2:27 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Looks awesome!

Reminds me of King's Bounty !

That's a good thing, right?

20 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Nice!

How did you paint it? TIA!

I used mostly craft paints, Folk Art, for it.  I did a quick drybrushing of Light Stone over all of it, I painted the wood sections with their "Driftwood" and then used Army Painter's "Strong Tone" as a wash.  The rails were similar, with their "Gunsteel" and Army Painter's "Dark Tone".  I used Dark Tone to bring out some differences in the stone but didn't go crazy.  I then used various Reaper paints and Army Painter washes on the small details like the Orc Warrens and Troll Hole's scatter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here's 77444, Goblin warrior with spear sculpted by Bobby Jackson. Since these goblins are sold with duplicates, I will convert the others by swapping their weapons. I will also paint the goblin command, shaman and leader.

• By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,

Here is a Dwarf Butcher 77460 that I painted up a couple months ago. 

Thank you for looking.

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, the madness continues. Here's the 77445, Goblin skirmisher with shortbow sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Great Khan Artist
      First of all, I have lots of people to thank for inspiration. This particular piece, the dilapidated fort, was directly taken from a project at Onyx Workshop. My other major inspiration is Le Golem Qui Reve, a French fellow who has been doing Sandgrave for a number of years. Check out his amazing blog. (If you're going to cite sources, it's not plagerism, right?) 

This one was done using Hirst Arts Egyptian moulds: Floor tiles, sandblasted pyramid and regular walls. My go-to colours are P3 Rucksack Tan for the base, washed with GW Seraphim sepia. The bricks are done using a variety of tan and off whites available at the dollar store. The whole thing is drybrushed a cream, then flocked. I use regular plaster of paris and wood glue, with Aileen's tacky craft glue for the flocking. I use so much of the sand base I had it custom mixed at the hardware as a gallon. House paint stinks for minis, but it covers sand really well. The sand is locally collected from my yard.

To create the chipped look, I used a dull hobby knife blade and hacked at the wall. I'm very happy with how this looks and it has become my new way of making convincing ruins. The ladder is a leftover piece from an MDF kitbash. Each of the straight blocks is 1" long. The base is a piece from Charlie Foxtrot out of the UK. He's an amazing guy to purchase from. I believe it is from bases set one. I will admit I screwed up when I made it, it should be 5 inches long to accomodate a full unit for Wargods, which brings us to...

The minis are Crocodile Games. They have shields, and as part of my spring cleaning of the paint desk, they will soon receive them. The metal (or bones) mummy warriors complement this range very nicely, being comparable in size and asthetic. If you aren't fussy about duplicates, choose the bones version. The metal version seems to me like it could use a new mould --some of the detail seems shallow. 

• By Auberon
      High Kingdom Village

An entire town, if it fits the era you play in.