Sign in to follow this  
Prex

My 02939: Viking Girl

Thanks @GlitterwolfI can't take too much credit for the shield though, it was modeled on. My freehand is nowhere near that good! :)

• Like 1

Beautiful!! I love every color you used on this mini. Amazing skin tone and fur. The fur actually looks soft, especially on her boots and the back collar. Your paint job convinced me to add her to the cart. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Prex said:

Thanks @GlitterwolfI can't take too much credit for the shield though, it was modeled on. My freehand is nowhere near that good! :)

I know it is sculpted on, I got her myself as well.

Anyone who paints wolves or wolf items gets Bonus points from me!

All Hail Woof!

I like the colours you used!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      I seem to have rather alot of (20 or so) unpainted Bones left from the three first massive kickstarter campaigns, and a shipment with the bits from the fourth KS picked and packed and  underweigh in a container bound for Europe as I write this. Which means that there will soonish be more Bones. Oh yes there will.

So, in an extremely ineffectual attempt to at least get a little more of the backlog painted up before the B4 arrives, I picked a few minis at semi-random from the Drawers of Doom™ where I keep most of the prepped minis these days. (There are several (many!) drawers, and all of them are mostly packed with minis ready to be painted. I open a drawer, have a quick look at the contents and grab a mini or two. Then I close the drawers quickly. This chosen one gets the paint. This is the only way I am able to overcome the paralysis-of-choice that invariably descends if I spend to long looking at all the lovely minis.)
      It really does not help that my spending on minis both KS and otherwise has been a bit...shall we call it frivolous... the last few months, so I tend to be stockpiling more than I paint. Even though I have averaged 365+ painted minis each year these last several years, the mountains of the unpainted keep growing.

But I digress. Speedpaint incoming:

Say hello to Ingrid, supposedly a female viking warrior. With horns on the helmet. So, a Fantasy Viking then.

77225: Ingrid, Female Viking
      From the second Bones kickstarter, 2014,
      Heroes 1 subset
      sculpted by Werner Klocke
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By ThirstyBob
      Been painting Blood Rage again, for a friend, and thought I'd post the pics of what I got so far for the big guys. Most of the shading and detail work done, planning on making the skin less glossy by finish and still need to base.
      Any C&C welcome.

P.S. "Frost giant says pls no I'm not ready."
    • By Darcstaar
      I love this figure.
      Not so much the bendy weapons, but I straightened them out.
      They have bent back a little (Sword).

I did a WIP on him.  Thanks for the encouragement along the way.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80720-kord-the-destroyer-bones/

He is another for our Reign of Winter Adventure Path.  My DM said "Vikings."  Kord has that vibe for sure.

I tried to paint the base like grass.
      The hardest part was the nmm on the axe, and trying to get the runes to show up on the sword.  It's a very irregular axe shape, so it was tough to figure out how to do it.
      My green stuff patch job on the wolf pelt was not the greatest, but it is decent enough camouflage.
      The second-hardest part of the figure to me was figuring out what parts of the pelt were what.  What is tail? What are legs?  I did my best.
      Overall, I'm pleased with him.  He seems like such a bad-a$$.
      As for the pics, iPhone seems to be good for far away, but really "blobby" for up close.  Maybe it is suffering from zoom.
      C&C Welcome.
    • By giyomuSan
      Ok , time to put that things in the show off section.
      Did not really know what to do with naming so I though that would be funny name haha, now up to you to decide which is what :D

here last pic, did not find something suitable enough to add some exterior background so I just keep it simple here.

Wip thread here :
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81615-reaper-diorama-77254775507739977454/

Big thanks for the advice and feedback during the wip , special thanks to @Heisler , his advice helped me narrow down the scene to a state I could manage to move forward and progress on this.
      Each project is a learning experience :D ..one thing I won't do again is actually to start fight on 2 fronts, doing the scene while also doing the figure paint is a bit time consuming and make harder to focus.

Since it's a reaper Diorama , I will add it to the yearly contest as well :D..
    • By Darcstaar
      I don’t often do WIP.
      I figured I’d start one.
      I’m still working toward Reign of Winter Adventure Path appropriate models.  Kord has a Viking vibe.

He’s been trimmed, washed, brown-liner primered.  I removed the glued on piece of his wolf pelt to get at other stuff.  I’ll glue it on later, then green stuff and finish painting.

I’m blocking in basecoats now.  Skin and furs so far.
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 4 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)