Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So this is the first time I tried painting freehand on the shield This is the end result of the conversion:
And for the conversion part, I didn't like neither this minis pose, nor its weapon choice (pickaxe really???), nor its commie looking (???) sigil on the shield. So I removed the weapon and sanded the shield. I also think that his pose looks a lot more natural as a spear throw than a pickaxe swing.. Also gave him some simple terrain and a quick paint Thanks for looking!
Needed a civilian type for a game, and this was the best I find in my lead mountain.
Dunno why, but I keep seeing him as one of those beer-making monks carrying a keg on his back.
So I painted him as one who just "sampled" the merchandise and really liked the sample.
The nose and cheeks were more "ruddy" IRL but doesn't show up well in the pictures.
There is a lightish line at the top of the belly where I tried to repair the paint job after accidently flicking some dark wash on it.
The line isn't really visible IRL but clearly seen in the pictures.
Thanks for looking.
And if something looked odd with my montage, it's because the second picture got flipped when I was joining the four of them together. Just noticed this.
The rest of my Kickstarter for AEG's Thunderstone Quest came in. This was for an expansion that changed the player count from 2-4 to 1-6 as well as adding a cooperative mode. I'm not sure I'd want to play this game at 6 players unless it is cooperative because there is a lot of downtime when its not your turn. In cooperative mode, it seems that everyone goes at the same time, so that probably reduces down time.
I didn't realize it at the time, but the expansion ALSO comes with two minis (6 were included in the base game so it wasn't strictly necessary). I also didn't realize that the monk had a mark on her forehead that I THINK is intentional (these aren't the best minis, as you can see from the crease down her back). I would have painted her a lighter skin tone so the mark would stand out better if I realized that earlier. I chose green for her since a nice yellow/orange color was already taken by one of the other minis I painted for this game and I wanted unique player colors. Likewise, I chose white for the crusader because all the good colors were taken and I could see him as a paladin type.
Hopefully I don't get any more minis for this game because I'm running out of unique player colors.
Once again my buddy with the minotaur character fixation asked me to find a minotaur for him that I can convert into a monk. Given that most are armed and armored ... I understood his dilemma.
Thrym's Table presents:
Spellcrow Minotaur as
Original marketing image; copyright Spellcrow Miniatures.
The first things that had to go were the axes. The hands were attached to axes on a separate sprue and made it easy to remove them. Next I drilled out the old handle and cleaned up the pins to the wrists.
Fairly easy so far. I did it during game night while playing Talisman. I was the Sprite.
Next I pared back the horns to create a pin and to create a better profile. The stock horns seemed a bit out of proportion to him. When I got home my original plan was to place pieces of mini cable ties to create a Karnak look for his fists. The cable tie I started with worked to a point but wouldn't lay flat enough to his hand. So time for idea #2, wire.
As you can see, Karnak has bands around his hands.
That worked well. That gave me the idea for a necklace or medallion swinging away from him.
Here he is...
Enjoy and stay tuned.
Who's Online 45 Members, 3 Anonymous, 230 Guests (See full list)
- Xiwo Xerase
- Olaf the Stout
- Doug Sundseth
- Arc 724
- Melbourne Mew Mew
- Chris Palmer
- Darsc Zacal
- Lars Porsenna
- Painting Miniatures