• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stonebred
      Here is the Tiefling Sorcerer I just started working on for my next D&D campaign. My lovely wife is a writer and helped me with the backstory. Take a gander at the backstory and let me know what you think if you'd like... Otherwise, just take a look at the figure and follow along.  I've been going back and forth with whether or not I should cut his horns off to fit the backstory or not.

• By GodOfCheese
      I'm painting a mini with a light source, and decided to rebase the beastie with some water effects, probably epoxy resin.  I'll probably try to make the water at least slightly rough, creating interest for the eye.  I woke up in a cold sweat this morning realizing that the light source should be reflected (or possibly just highlighted) in/on the water. 

My initial thought was to:
      lightly (heh) color the bottom of the pool as if it were dry and lit by the light source pour and texture the water highlight the water by drybrushing from the light source out.  
      My concern about this is that if the viewer looks toward the light, the surfaces of any wavelets will be highlighted on the opposite side from the POV.  In other words, the viewer will see the undersides or backsides of any highlights through the translucent wavelets, and this might not look the way the viewer expects.

Has anyone done this?  I looked around for a few examples but although there are plenty of doing wave effects (froth and foam), I haven't found any yet that look like translucent glare.  
    • By Maledrakh
      Finishing up the Goblins from the Bones 4 core set.

click for close ups and all that
    • By Brianuk
      Really like this figure, in particular after they showed it being 3d sculpted on Reaper Live. Simple 'goody' paint job. Will add some snow texture to base to use him in Frost eave. 

• By Metalchaos
      I took this picture last night while I was fooling around with recently painted models. It's firecracker time! 02771, Lorus Firecracker sculpted by Sandra Garrity vs. 89031, Whispering Tyrant sculpted by Bobby Jackson. The 77531, Graveyard Fence Posts are also from Reaper and were sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. The skull I added on the post is from the 02611 Skulls of 8 races package sculpted by Sandra Garrity.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)