Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

RC2018 rides thread

I'm landing at DFW at 2:34 pm.  Looking catch a ride or ride share with someone.  I'm not the kimd of guy that needs to know everything not (back, I only just bought my tickets last week), and worse comes to worse, I can just catch an Uber.

We'll arrive in DFW 2018-08-29 1528L. We have a car rental lined up, and can take someone along to the hotel. We should have two spare seats available.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aturriff said:

We'll arrive in DFW 2018-08-29 1528L. We have a car rental lined up, and can take someone along to the hotel. We should have two spare seats available.

This is Mr. Thorne, btw. So nobody goes 'OMG WHO EVEN IS THAT, AAAAHHH!'  for no reason. ^^;

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

This is Mr. Thorne, btw. So nobody goes 'OMG WHO EVEN IS THAT, AAAAHHH!'  for no reason. ^^;

AHhhh! Goblins! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

AHhhh! Goblins! :P

.. actually, I think Mr. Thorne is better described as 'giant dwarf'. Or, perhaps bugbear... >.>

Anyway, we have spare seats, and now you know when we're arriving. ^^

• Like 1

Currently, my flight at DFW should arrive Wednesday, around 4:30pm, terminal E.

So expecting to get my luggage by 5pm at latest.

Return flight is at 10:40am on Monday.

I've never used the Supershuttle service. So if I understand correctly, the more of us who travel at the same time, the cheaper the ride per passenger? Before any sort of rebates/coupons, I'm seeing $53US if it's just me. And the whole van, non-stop, would be $98US, regardless of number of passengers.

Edited by Cranky Dog

For coupon codes look at various sites. Best one I know of is retailmenot . com.

(I just tried one that was 10% off & it works but you have to manually put it in the code box on the site)

I've always known Supershuttle to be that way, the more they pick up the less it is. They may not do that anymore.

I will be arriving at 1:37pm on Wednesday the 29th at DFW; I'd be happy to split a ride with someone.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 3:43 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'm landing at DFW at 2:34 pm.  Looking catch a ride or ride share with someone.  I'm not the kimd of guy that needs to know everything not (back, I only just bought my tickets last week), and worse comes to worse, I can just catch an Uber.

I'm coming in at 3:30 pm (probably).  I could split an Uber with you- or we could both wait longer and try to do a shuttle with a big group of us.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 11:51 AM, Chaoswolf said:

I will be arriving at 1:37pm on Wednesday the 29th at DFW; I'd be happy to split a ride with someone.

That's about 30 minutes before I'm supposed to arrive.

My current plan is to hang around the shuttle pickup area until 3 pm or we get enough people/luggage to fill a shuttle, whichever comes first.

• Like 1

@pcktlnt @knarthex @Tripleh5133

At this point we're the ones looking for ride share from Love field. Who's in? I'm the last to touch down at 3:40pm. Looks like supershuttle prices jumped and only direct ride available. $88 one way b4 any discount. Opinions? I'd like to have a plan... I'm a planner....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragoneye said:

@pcktlnt @knarthex @Tripleh5133

At this point we're the ones looking for ride share from Love field. Who's in? I'm the last to touch down at 3:40pm. Looks like supershuttle prices jumped and only direct ride available. $88 one way b4 any discount. Opinions? I'd like to have a plan... I'm a planner....

I'm in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dragoneye said:

Sounds good. Lets plan it out and if others join us, great.

Super Shuttle or other?

If we can get @knarthex to agree, then Yellow Checker Shuttle is doing a 3 for 1 which brings the van down to $57.00

Sorry @pcktlnt missed seeing your name.

Edited by Tripleh5133