Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Dungeons & Doggies Kickstarter

Hmm the rules are just fine, a little barebones 

most of the doggie flavor is created by 2 dog features at l1,  and a few class specific feat choices. 

the  warlock in the last post took  "Incessant barking" and "Digger" 

some of the powers and items have amazing doggie flavor

I think I will bump up bite damage: 

currently 1d4+str,  -> @lvl5 1d6, @lvl 10 1d8

I think ill make it 1d4 small/1d6 medium and add a dice at levels 5&10 

I don't see how the dogs make any use of melee weapons -  and damage should keep up with a cantrip. 

a dagger in the teeth?  sure, a great axe ? um no. 

the rules do not forbid any weapon use, just encourage specially built weapons for dog's lack of thumbs. 

the ranger has a crossbow and the coolness of winding /firing a crossbow with your back leg means im willing to suspend disbelief. 

Edit: 

for people worried about size, this is one of the small or "lapdog"  sized, the others are mostly larger, but still no larger than a halfling. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

Hmm the rules are just fine, a little barebones 

most of the doggie flavor is created by 2 dog features at l1,  and a few class specific feat choices. 

the  warlock in the last post took  "Incessant barking" and "Digger" 

some of the powers and items have amazing doggie flavor

I think I will bump up bite damage: 

currently 1d4+str,  -> @lvl5 1d6, @lvl 10 1d8

I think ill make it 1d4 small/1d6 medium and add a dice at levels 5&10 

I don't see how the dogs make any use of melee weapons -  and damage should keep up with a cantrip. 

a dagger in the teeth?  sure, a great axe ? um no. 

the rules do not forbid any weapon use, just encourage specially built weapons for dog's lack of thumbs. 

the ranger has a crossbow and the coolness of winding /firing a crossbow with your back leg means im willing to suspend disbelief. 

Edit: 

for people worried about size, this is one of the small or "lapdog"  sized, the others are mostly larger, but still no larger than a halfling. 

Back in 3.5 D&D, my druid made great use of the Wilding Clasp magic item. It attached to an item and allowed a creature without thumbs to use it. Very handy.

• Like 4

Received my box of minis today. Didn’t receive any shipping notice before hand.

Being one of the last here, which seems the norm for me, to receive my minis, there’s not much I can say that hasn’t already been talked about.

The minis look to be a step up or two from what is referred to as board game plastic. I do wish they had gone with a grey rather than a brown plastic. I had feared they would be worse, so I’m happy with them.

And yeah. Brown plastic against black plastic doesn’t work. And the box is big enough for twice as many minis. But the quality of the box and the shelf appeal is quite good.

Dont know that I’d be interested in the cats.

• Like 8

But you're a tiger, Darsc!! A big kitty! 

My mom still hasn't gotten hers. I did get a shipping notice and a tracker though. Amazing for Canada to get something from the states before Oregon! FedEx handed the package to USPS, and it says she should have the pups by Friday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Fedex finally got off their duff and handed it off to USPS, my doggos arrived today.  I agree with the general consensus; they look great, but brown on black is a terrible display choice.

Don't forget about the art cards behind the plastic insert!

• Like 3

Waiting for either a shipping notice or a parcel any day now, I think they said they were hoping to have UK parcels shipped by the end of this week and very little posted uk-uk takes more than 3 days so I’m hoping to have something fun to open on my day off next week!

• Like 4

Wow! Faster than expected! No shipping notice but mine arrived today! Very pleased with them overall, some of mine do have fairly soft detail around the eyes which I'm sure will be really fun when it comes time to paint but overall I'm very pleased.

The packaging is unnecessarily large though, even if they wanted everything to be seen through the "window" there's still tons of clearance on each side- not sure if it's poor design, a manufacturing flaw or what.

Will definitely get the cats when that becomes an option.

• Like 5

My mom got her dogs and is thoroughly amused ^_^

• Like 8

On 3/27/2019 at 3:25 PM, Cyradis said:

But you're a tiger, Darsc!! A big kitty! 

My mom still hasn't gotten hers. I did get a shipping notice and a tracker though. Amazing for Canada to get something from the states before Oregon! FedEx handed the package to USPS, and it says she should have the pups by Friday. 

Where abouts in OR does your mom live? Some reason I thought she lived in Colorado.

Told my players about em & a couple people were amused by it. Only reason I can see the larger box is for retail presence. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, haldir said:

Where abouts in OR does your mom live? Some reason I thought she lived in Colorado.

Told my players about em & a couple people were amused by it. Only reason I can see the larger box is for retail presence. 

She's south of Eugene with her three dogs, two cats, two snakes, and a horse. She enjoys her menagerie. 

• Like 4

We got ours last week and my daughter has started on the golden retriever wizard.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Cyradis said:

She's south of Eugene with her three dogs, two cats, two snakes, and a horse. She enjoys her menagerie. 

Nice area. One of these days, I'd like to live on that side of the state. It has so much more to offer then the dead err desert side.

In my Monday night game, I had a Ranger character level up to 3 & took Beasthunter as his archetype. I was hoping he would have taken a dog. Alas it was a panther.

• Like 3

My doggies arrived down under today. They are super cute! The packaging is a bit much but they are the nicest packaged minis I think I have ever purchased. Not sure which to paint to first!

• Like 6