Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Dungeons & Doggies Kickstarter

10 minutes ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

a facebook group for fans who are on it https://www.facebook.com/groups/415624805880300/

people are posting pictures of arrivals and they look good

Looks like Canadians back east have started to receive their doggies.

Hopefully notices start appearing out west soon.

• Like 3

My wife and I got ours! (I got two sets and she got one of her own!)

Too busy today to take pics but we'll see about tomorrow. Or maybe tonight . . . 

• Like 7

i got mine today. very nice sculpts and almost no visible mold lines on the ones i looked at so far. I'll look more in the morning.

• Like 6

Received this on my doorstep

20190321_010806.thumb.jpg.78ff9e8e5f17fff144bb17c211f536c4.jpg

Credit where credit is due the sculpts are nice and really clean. I would have liked them to be a little larger, more man sized than dog sized, but they are well done.

My only plaint is that the packaging is very overdone.  The box could be 60% smaller without losing anything.  That's a lot of box, especially since the colors do nothing to enhance the product:  you can see the minis but brown on black is Not going to catch the eye.

So good product, mediocre marketing.  I am glad I got them but I'm afraid they probably won't do well in stores.

• Like 8

That box is weirdly big- which must’ve cost them more than it needed to with that extra material, how strange.

i haven’t had my shipping notice yet, can’t wait for these to join my stash and maybe one day get painted!

• Like 4

I wonder if the project creators had originally planned to put a rulebook or more minis into the box which is why it’s so big?

It’s even worse when you consider that dog on the far left that’s apart from the others is a kickstarter exclusive, so won’t be in the retail version of this box.

Makes me wonder if there is going to be a retail exclusive put there in its place.

• Like 4

Since they leveraged Steamforged Games production experience for this with the factory etc I wouldn't be surprised if the box size was chosen as something the factory was already set up to put together and make trays to hold the minis for.

I've seen several folk saying they remind them of chocolates, so now I'm waiting for my chocolate doggies to arrive

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Since they leveraged Steamforged Games production experience for this with the factory etc I wouldn't be surprised if the box size was chosen as something the factory was already set up to put together and make trays to hold the minis for.

I've seen several folk saying they remind them of chocolates, so now I'm waiting for my chocolate doggies to arrive

They are very reminicient of a box of chocolates.  That could be the look they were going for.  There are also 3 art cards in the bottom under the tray that I didn't show

• Like 4

So Fedex decided not to bring the box the last 10 miles and deliver it but instead gave it to the US post office.

now they are saying ill get it Saturday. sigh.  I hate last minute delays. 

any word on the PDF rules? 

I was looking forward to those as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

So Fedex decided not to bring the box the last 10 miles and deliver it but instead gave it to the US post office.

I don't understand this Smartpost agreement that FedEx has with the USPS.  Why even bother?  It takes longer to deliver via either providers normal service, so the only thing I can think of is that it's uber cheap.  They can't be making much money on this service. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

They did the same thing to me. My package has been in the area for three days now and I keep watching it go past my house and back. Maybe I'll get it today finally

• Like 3

Agreed.  FedEx Smartpost is the devil.  With the first Zombicide I watched the package bounce between NC and VA three times before being handed off to the local USPS in VA.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Mine arrived! And they look really good. 

IMG_20190321_111401195-849x849.thumb.jpg.a88690309bc9668d8d98b2d7f6c10018.jpg

These (under the legs) were the only imperfections I could find and they're really slight. I'm pretty sure paint will get it covered up with no problem. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1