Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Dungeons & Doggies Kickstarter

10 minutes ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

a facebook group for fans who are on it https://www.facebook.com/groups/415624805880300/

people are posting pictures of arrivals and they look good

Looks like Canadians back east have started to receive their doggies.

Hopefully notices start appearing out west soon.

• Like 3

My wife and I got ours! (I got two sets and she got one of her own!)

Too busy today to take pics but we'll see about tomorrow. Or maybe tonight . . . 

• Like 7

Received this on my doorstep

20190321_010806.thumb.jpg.78ff9e8e5f17fff144bb17c211f536c4.jpg

Credit where credit is due the sculpts are nice and really clean. I would have liked them to be a little larger, more man sized than dog sized, but they are well done.

My only plaint is that the packaging is very overdone.  The box could be 60% smaller without losing anything.  That's a lot of box, especially since the colors do nothing to enhance the product:  you can see the minis but brown on black is Not going to catch the eye.

So good product, mediocre marketing.  I am glad I got them but I'm afraid they probably won't do well in stores.

• Like 8

That box is weirdly big- which must’ve cost them more than it needed to with that extra material, how strange.

i haven’t had my shipping notice yet, can’t wait for these to join my stash and maybe one day get painted!

• Like 4

I wonder if the project creators had originally planned to put a rulebook or more minis into the box which is why it’s so big?

It’s even worse when you consider that dog on the far left that’s apart from the others is a kickstarter exclusive, so won’t be in the retail version of this box.

Makes me wonder if there is going to be a retail exclusive put there in its place.

• Like 4

Since they leveraged Steamforged Games production experience for this with the factory etc I wouldn't be surprised if the box size was chosen as something the factory was already set up to put together and make trays to hold the minis for.

I've seen several folk saying they remind them of chocolates, so now I'm waiting for my chocolate doggies to arrive

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Since they leveraged Steamforged Games production experience for this with the factory etc I wouldn't be surprised if the box size was chosen as something the factory was already set up to put together and make trays to hold the minis for.

I've seen several folk saying they remind them of chocolates, so now I'm waiting for my chocolate doggies to arrive

They are very reminicient of a box of chocolates.  That could be the look they were going for.  There are also 3 art cards in the bottom under the tray that I didn't show

• Like 4

So Fedex decided not to bring the box the last 10 miles and deliver it but instead gave it to the US post office.

now they are saying ill get it Saturday. sigh.  I hate last minute delays. 

any word on the PDF rules? 

I was looking forward to those as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

So Fedex decided not to bring the box the last 10 miles and deliver it but instead gave it to the US post office.

I don't understand this Smartpost agreement that FedEx has with the USPS.  Why even bother?  It takes longer to deliver via either providers normal service, so the only thing I can think of is that it's uber cheap.  They can't be making much money on this service. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

They did the same thing to me. My package has been in the area for three days now and I keep watching it go past my house and back. Maybe I'll get it today finally

• Like 3

Agreed.  FedEx Smartpost is the devil.  With the first Zombicide I watched the package bounce between NC and VA three times before being handed off to the local USPS in VA.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Mine arrived! And they look really good. 

IMG_20190321_111401195-849x849.thumb.jpg.a88690309bc9668d8d98b2d7f6c10018.jpg

These (under the legs) were the only imperfections I could find and they're really slight. I'm pretty sure paint will get it covered up with no problem. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001939425/creality-cr-6-se-leveling-free-diy-3d-printer-kit

Main Features
      ● Innovative leveling-free technology
      ● Ready to use straight out of the box
      ● Easy to maintain the modular nozzle 
      ● Silent motherboard with Trinamic driver
      ● 4.3-inch colorful touch screen
      ● Reliable extruder structure for easy feed-in
      ● Branded power with strong current and wide voltage
      ● Dual Z-axis and wider Y-axis
      ● More practical add-ons make printing with more fun innovative leveling-free technology

Ground-Breaking True Leveling-Free Technology
      For the most part, accurate 3D printing is the result of a leveled bed. That’s usually a challenging goal, though, because most 3D printers will present nozzle clogging, poor adhesion, and generally unleveled-related issues that compromise the quality of prints. The CR-6 SE offers precisely the opposite. Featuring an innovative true Leveling-Free Technology, this is a 3D Printer that lets you always rely on highly accurate results.

Out of the Box, Into the Action
      No complications. No special skills required. No confusion. Your CR-6 SE is ready to use out of the box. You can easily assemble it in only 5 minutes and then all you need to do is plug it in and switch it on. The CR-6 SE 3D Printer starts working and delivering amazing results—whether you’re a pro or a newbie—in almost no time!

Customizable and Easy to Keep Modular Nozzle
      Never see your creativity and productivity affected by nozzle-related replacement issues. The CR-6 SE is designed with a modular nozzle that means two things: you can customize it and you can also easily maintain it by replacing separate parts. From the heat block to the nozzle tip, among other parts, this is a Modular 3D Printer that’s easy to keep!

With All Ease in Assembly
      The new CR-6 SE comes in modules that are crafted with quality aluminum profiles. The device can be easily assembled within 5 mins. Plugin and switch in on, printing starts right out of box.

Mighty and Dependable Extruder
      Mounted on the printer's frame, the redesigned compact-size extruder means less weight, which promotes faster extrusion and delivers higher quality prints. The extruder clip on the extruder is quite a handy gadget that allows users to benefit from effortless filament extrude-in.

CR-6 SE is by now the most innovative 3D printer that we've ever designed. It is the ultimate printer for versatile makers, making 3D printing easier than ever before. And CR-6 SE is going to debuts Kickstarter Campaign from 6th May to 6th June. The earlier you pledge, the more surprise you will get!
    • By AussieAusborn
      Greetings y'all!

I'm starting this thread to use as a painting blog, to help catalog my journey, and to use as a source of ongoing motivation. I have a LOT of stuff I've been putting off, that I want to get through for a homebrew campaign I'm working on, and some warbands for Frostgrave, as well. So, I'll take any extra motivation I can get Once I actually finish pieces, I'll make sure to post them in that part of the forum.

To start things off, I have a dragon I've been working on for a couple of weeks, and just got to the point where it's "good enough for now," although definitely not finished. It's easily my favorite piece I've ever owned, so I put off doing any work on it until I was "good enough" to do the piece justice. That is, until I realized that would never happen , so I decided to:

1) Do the darned thing
      2) Do some work on it every day
      3) Push myself outside my comfort zone to try new things
      4) Be patient and forgiving with myself
      5) To not freak out when I try something that I don't like, and just go ahead and fix it

There's still a good amount to do to it (I have a list with 15 bullet points on it, and growing!), but I'm happy enough looking at it, and want to take a break to focus on some other pieces.

I took some progress shots (though perhaps not as many as I'd have liked). So please, join me as we journey through my learning experience:

I fully assembled the mini before putting down any paint. Here's where the mini was after a couple days work, about 4-5 hrs. I used an airbrush to give it a zenithal undercoat with black and white, and then to lay in the base coats of the red and blue. I then painted the underbelly and the wing-fingers with a brush.

Here, I'm trying to show the work I've done (still fairly subtle, at this point) on building up the vibrancy/transitions on the red skin/scales. I was fairly happy at this point, as I could start to see that I might actually be able to paint this to the standard I want.

The next day, I did some work on the face, horns, and blocked in the body spikes. I generally liked the mouth and tongue, but felt it was a bit vibrant. I thought the blue on the horns was alright, but also wasn't completely sold on it.

Here's where it was after another `30min of work. Since I felt the tongue was too much, I did something about it! I did a very light glaze with a grey, just to knock down the saturation a bit. Looks better. I added some more blue to the horns, and still wasn't quite happy with it. Picked out the teeth, which is nice, easy bit of definition. And that eye!!! It looked much better than I expected, although that's the last time it would be that well defined...

Here it is after another couple days of progress, building up that red (it takes soooooo long on something this big!!!!), as well as more work on the mouth/face. I'd accidentally painted over the eye (which becomes a recurring theme in this tale ), so I blocked in some color, just to separate it from the face. I added a glaze of 'RMP's fair skin' to the tongue, and now I'm lovin' it. Also added some fleshy-ness to the gums on the upper jaw (though it's a little hard to tell), and that was definitely another good decision.

Here I continued to build up the red, progress is slow but steady. Not pictured (which is unfortunate, because it was a good learning experience) is my attempt to redo the horn entirely, to a scheme that was a transition of bone to brown to black at the tip...I was really unhappy with it. I had the bone starting around the eye ridges in at attempt to add more contrast and draw the viewer's eye towards the face, but it just looked awful. So I spent a good while redoing the horn and fixing the whole face. I'm glad I made that mistake, as I think the face looks much better than it did before I started on the horn. Part of that was adding in a new level of bright highlights.

Here's the mini in some soft lighting, and although the picture is kinda blurry, it better shows the transitions throughout the red. I think this was also the point where I started working on shading the red, by applying a light blue-black glaze to the shaded areas, which really helped add some contrast to the piece.

I had an accident that almost gave me a heart attack, where the figure seemingly jumped off the desk Luckily, I caught it before it hit the ground, and it sustained no major damage. It did separate where the dragon attaches on to the base, and although that was a little frustrating, it ended up being a happy little accident, as it made it MUCH MUCH easier to work on the base. I started by putting down some paints and pigments, until it was at a place I thought was ok. Also, the rock spire that it's curled around was originally about 6 inches taller, which I cut off to better see all of the dragon. So, I started work on sculpting a new top. I started by building up thin layers of cardboard with superglue, to level it off (it had quite a slant to it). Then I mixed up some greenstuff, and tried to match the overall flow and texture of of the rocks. Although not a perfect match, it's close enough to not be distracting. Mission accomplished!! The pillars were a part of the mini.

And here's the beast in its current state. I painted the newly sculpted top to match what I'd already done, and left the pillars with a super quick drybrushing. I touched up the eye to look acceptable (it's on my 'to do' list), added some grass tufts to the base, and was happy to leave it be like this, for a time. The final pic is another attempt to 'more accurately'  show the value transitions with the red, though the colors seem a tad washed out.

Thanks for taking a look at my work, and for reading my ramblings! C&C is welcome  As I said, I have a to do list for the dragon, but I'm not afraid to add more to it!!! I'll strive to make a post in here a few times a week, and eventually you'll get to see a completed dragon!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that once the dragon broke away from the base (super cleanly, luckily), I took the opportunity to redo the underbelly on the whole model, darkening it up some. And along the neck, I experimented with wet blending for the first time! I've been apprehensive to try it before, but decided this was a good spot to experiment, as it's a large enough area, but felt less...consequential, I guess, if I messed it up. And I'm pretty pleased with the result!

Next up: Frostgrave warbands for me and my brother!
    • By Consequence
      I have had this dragon "mini" for a while but couldn't decide on a color. I don't have a lot of green miniatures so it's now green. 

• By lexomatic
      This is for people who want to support the event but not for attending - you can get the program guide, various signed or rare books, and other goodies for your money.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-outer-dark-symposium-on-the-greater-weird-2020

I've done this for a few years already. Always got my stuff.

The Outer Dark Symposium on the Greater Weird is the world's only conference focusing on contemporary Weird fiction, film and art. Our mission is to foster conversation and connect communities among a diverse slate of program participants who create in the umbrella of speculative fiction—inclusive, safe and welcoming to women, LBGTQ+, and writers of color. Hear all the readings and panels on The Outer Dark podcast, which airs on This Is Horror, reaching thousands of listeners who are readers of Weird and speculative fiction.
      THE OUTER DARK SYMPOSIUM ON THE GREATER WEIRD 2020
      Friday March 27 & Saturday March 23, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
      Silver Scream FX Lab, 4215 Thurman Rd, Conley, Georgia 30288
      Hotel Indigo-College Park, 1776 Harvard Ave, College Park, GA 30337
      GUESTS/PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS: Mike Allen, Sara Amis, Natania Barron, Laura Blackwell, Gregory Norman Bossert, JS Breukelaar, Jesse Bullington, Chesya Burke, Benjamin Capps, Gerald Coleman, Nancy A. Collins, Jeanne D’Angelo, L.M. Davis, Milton Davis, Julie C. Day, Seb Doubinsky, Jeffrey Ford Chris Gavaler, Fiona Maeve Geist,  Larissa Glasser, Orrin Grey, Nick Gucker, Edward Austin Hall, Lynne Hansen, Brian Hauser, Alex Hofelich, Nicole Givens Kurtz, Matthew Jaffe, Valjeanne Jeffers, Gwendolyn Kiste, Carrie Laben, Tonya Liburd, Ian McDowell, Kyoko M, Violette L. Meier, Gabriela Damián Miravete,  Shane Morton, Hysop Mulero, Balogun Ojetade, Liv Rainey-Smith, Sarah Read, Sumiko Saulson, Eric Schaller, Jeff Strand, Brooke Warra, Kortney Watkins, Michael Wehunt, Lesley Wheeler, Gordon B. White, Robert S. Wilson, & teri.zin
      ATTENDING PUBLISHERS: Mythic Delirium Press, Nightscape Press, PseudoPod
      HOSTED BY:  Scott Nicolay & Anya Martin.
      FOR MORE INFO: www.theouterdark.org, Facebook event page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and purchase attending memberships at Brown Paper Tickets.
      Welcome to The Outer Dark on This Is Horror. I’m your host Scott Nicolay bringing you news and interviews with the creative talents who operate far beyond the edge of the firelight. There Are Weird Things Out Here, My Friends…
      When we conceived The Outer Dark podcast in 2015, we never expected it to take off like it has and to mean so much to listeners. As the tendrils of the Weird spread further into speculative fiction, film, and TV, people kept asking me and Anya when we were going to do something more hands-on. Thus was born The Outer Dark Symposium on the Greater Weird.
      At the inaugural The Outer Dark Symposium in 2017, we were humbled to assemble a blockbuster line-up of contemporary Weird writers, including members of the State of Black Science Fiction community. In 2018, we took the symposium West and dreamed bigger and spookier with the Winchester Mystery House, and in 2019, we brought it back to Atlanta to Silver Scream FX Lab, a location that’s all about the love of Weird monsters.
      For the past three years, the symposium has been a labor of Weird love, only made possible through a combination of memberships, sponsorships, donations, and crowdsourcing. Our hope always has always been to simply break even and make this an annual event.
      It takes a Weird Village to make Something Weird Happen.
      THE OUTER DARK SYMPOSIUM happens because YOU supported us, allowing us to share these important conversations with YOU and the Whole Weird World on our host network This Is Horror. If you haven’t checked it out, you can find programming from all three past symposia, as well as interviews with our guests and other groundbreaking Weird Renaissance authors on The Outer Dark podcast. 
      This year we’re thrilled to welcome our largest line-up yet, more than 50 of the most dynamic authors, editors, artists, publishers, and scholars in Weird fiction today. Yet our goal remains to keep the symposium immersive, intimate, and budget-responsible. Everyone attends all panels and readings and shares breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as welcome and author signing receptions and social activities to continue the conversation into the night. While keeping the same feasible model that worked well for the previous two symposiums, this year we raised our attendance to 100 memberships so more people can participate, plus we  added an Educators Day on Friday including the inaugural Teaching Diversity in Weird and Speculative Fiction Roundtable, with a Friday-only deeply discounted ticket for educators and students.
      We couldn’t assemble such an amazing line-up of program participants without waiving ticket fees and providing air and lodging support (approx. $7,000 or more than half our budget) to guests who needed support to participate, as well as covering meals, lodging, and gas for our hardworking volunteers. Other expenses include space rental, catering, audio equipment, badge printing/laminating, printing the program chapbook (offered to supporting members via this campaign), and other basic event expenses adding up to a total budget of about $13,500, even with every tactic of frugality that we can muster. By our calculations, calculating purchased memberships, sponsors and a few patrons that we have now, we need about $4,000 to break even. If by any unlikely chance, we do make any more than we need, that money will go straight back into seeding next year's symposium.
      Therefore we are humbly reaching out to you again. Through this Indiegogo campaign, you can both help sustain The Outer Dark Symposium and receive cool rewards.
      ALL supporters receive a The Outer Dark sticker and ALL $20 and up perks include a bonus ebook of For Mortal Things Unsung, Pseudopod's 10th anniversary anthology featuring stories by Orrin Grey, Damien Angelica Walters, Livia Llewellyn, Joe R. Lansdale & many more (a big thanks to Alex and Melissa Hofelich!). And every donation comes with the peace of mind that you helped make something Weird happen!
      Here’s a taste of what’s available:
      Support The Weird ($25). Can't attend but really want to make this happen? As a supporting member, you'll get our exclusive program chapbook, available otherwise only to attendees. This year’s book will be our biggest yet with approx. 140 pages of articles, fiction, and art by some of our guests and featuring a stunning original cover by Jeanne D’Angelo with lettering by Michael Bukowski. ALSO Supporting members’ copies will be signed by all attending contriburors. And we’ll throw in some stickers and other surprise symposium giveaways, so buy one for yourself and one for a Weird friend! Stylish Weird ($20). This year we have 2 T-shirt designs! The Outer Dark podcast official T-shirt ($20) featuring our killer logo designed by “Nick the Hat” Gucker (men’s sizes S, M, L, XL; for 2XL, contact for availability). Plus  Horror Movie Memorabilia! Three one-of-a-kind photos signed to The Outer Dark by Last-Universal-Monster-Swimming Ricou Browning (The Creature from the Black Lagoon), Lisa Loring (Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family TV series) and Scream Queen Linnea Quigley (“Trash,” Return of the Living Dead & more). Signatures happened at Days of the Dead Atlanta 2020, and we’d like to express our heartfelt thanks to Lisa, Ricou, and Linnea!    Professional Editing Services! Robert S. Wilson of award-winning Nightscape Press is offering editorial services on your fiction up to 10,000 words. BOOKS, BOOKS & MORE BOOKS! (various prices). All generously donated by our guests and by our publisher sponsors with the bonus that most will be SIGNED & PERSONALIZED. ALSO RARE COLLECTIBLE BOOKS, such as the ONLY existing publisher's uncorrected proof of Joel Lane's The Lost District generously donated by Undertow Publications!  Keep checking back because we expect to add MANY MORE AMAZING BOOKS, ART and other WEIRD THINGS!
      Finally, if you're a publisher or have a Weird-related product or service, sponsorship opportunities are another way to help. The Outer Dark thanks our 2020 sponsors: Argawarga Press, Broken Eye Books, Dark and Glow Press, Dim Shores, Eraserhead Press, Innsmouth Free Press, Kino Lorber, Mythic Delirium Press, Nightscape Press, Perpetual Motion Machine Publications, The Revelator, Signal Horizon, Skeleton Hat Podcast, Trepidatio Publishing, Undertow Publications, The Willows, Word Horde,  Grimscribe Press/Vastarien: A Literary Journal, and Tor Nightfire. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Please drop a line to [email protected] and we’ll be glad to provide you with cash and in-kind (we still welcome additional books and other items for this Indiegogo campaign!) options or to customize a plan that works for your promotional needs.
      Don't you want to get Weird with us?
      Whatever you can afford to help or even if you just share this campaign on social media, you have our deepest gratitude!
      Warm, Weird regards,

Scott Nicolay & Anya Martin, Hosts/Producers
      & The Outer Dark Collective

The Outer Dark Podcast & Symposium
      www.theouterdark.org
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forgottenchapters/forgotten-chapters-purity-seals-and-parchment-transfers

My name is Bruno and I recently decided to use my (few) graphic skills to design my own waterslide transfers, as I could not manage to get the details on my miniatures right. Especially the parchment, scrolls and purity seals never quite looked as good as I wanted. After sharing some of my work on Reddit and Instagram, I discovered many more miniature hobbyist had this same issue, which lead me to this kickstarter! Besides sharing my own designs, these transfers will be screen printed by industry leading professionals to the highest quality possible.    The first sheet The finished product will be an A5 (210x148 mm) transfer sheet printed in 3 colors: White, Black and Red. The sheet will have hundreds of different designs to give you the most flexibility possible when personalising your mini's. I will regularly add new designs to the sheet, taking into account the backers feedback, until the sheet is full.                      Now while this seems geared to Warhammer 40K at first glance there is going to be a lot that's of more general interest, how many minis have you got with open books, parchments etc that just don't look great when you try and do it yourself?

seems well worth a go, and not bad price wise (if you've ever tried to make your own waterslide stuff)
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)