72moonglum

Ral Partha Armored Knight Raising Visor

2 minutes ago, Citrine said:

He and his shield are awesome!

Thanks so much!  The only things that occurred to me were unicorns and happy faces, so I went with the unicorn...

• Like 3

I really like him - the painting really compliments the classic figure and the shading is terrific. It would be nice to have a better view of the shield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

I really like him - the painting really compliments the classic figure and the shading is terrific. It would be nice to have a better view of the shield 

Thanks! I’ll see what I can do about getting a better shield shot. 

I think you did a fine job on him, and I could instantly identify what was on the shield, so your freehand is definitely good enough.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I think you did a fine job on him, and I could instantly identify what was on the shield, so your freehand is definitely good enough.:winkthumbs:

So you like the walrus I painted on the shield?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Warlady said:

I think the freehand on his shield turned out really well.

Thank you very much, it's a really small spot to paint on and my freehand always makes me feel like I'm a kindergartner drawing really simple designs.

And here’s a close up of the shield  not the greatest of photos  95FF80F7-D40C-44B7-BF38-6A508503077D.thumb.jpeg.00f7c1d58696cc55f0eaa0c09713af9c.jpeg

• Like 5

That you did a recognizable unicorn speaks volumes.  I've never managed more than some uneven dots around the hem of a cloak.  ;-P

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Warlady said:

That you did a recognizable unicorn speaks volumes.  I've never managed more than some uneven dots around the hem of a cloak.  ;-P

I'm glad people can recognize it as a unicorn, I did this one years ago, and asked if people knew what it was but nobody figured out it was a crossed sword and carrot...

reaper halfling druid 500.JPG

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I finished this one two nights ago, didn't get around to taking his photo yesterday because I got home too late last night and it was just too dark to take advantage of natural light.

Here is another Julie Guthrie Ral Partha classic from the eighties a hooded fighter/warrior/ranger with sword and shield.  Being he was originally listed in the eighties as a ranger:

I wanted to give greens and browns, but nowadays being he is just being called a hooded fighter, I still wanted to keep some natural colors but ended up giving him some non-rangery colors on his shield:

Also his inner cloak I used the same colors and painted at the same time as the female archer I just finished (her green gloves).  

Anyhows, hope you enjoy another classic figure from the past!  Julie Guthrie was great back then and she's even greater now!
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, In the wait of playing Scourge of the Howling Horde adventure, I recently painted these two nuisances. Inspired by Anne Foerster work displayed in Reaper's Online Store, I went with the classical orangish skin tone and dark leather color. I also added war paints on their face and limbs. 07003 Dungeon Dwellers Bloodbite Goblins sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By 72moonglum
      So it's been a few weeks since I've finished a minis, been kind of busy, but finally got this guy done last night,  another Hackmaster figure that was picked up by Ral Partha, this time a mature-looking wizard with a nice wooden staff.  As always, it took forever to decide colors and with his inner clothing, the lilac, that was the easiest, but after that, took a while to figure out the green in his cloak and blue on the outside.

He has a little potion at his belt, tried to do a liquid effect, when I look at the photo, not so sure how it turned out though.

Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By aku-chan
      "During the opening stages of the Great War, it was quickly discovered that the human mind was too fragile for soldiers to spend any time in areas that had been heavily corrupted by Void Space.
      One of the solutions to this problem was to lift the restrictions on deploying Automaton Troopers to the front-lines. Drawing power from naturally occurring energy fields and equipped with self repair and competent AI systems, they could theoretically operate indefinitely without contact with their human creators.
      However, despite being deployed in large numbers, in the end they did little to halt the advance of the Void.

Centuries later, many can still be found and most pose a threat to the humans they once served.
      This particular model, now known as a Flower Knight due to the flora it spontaneously generates around itself, is not openly hostile to anyone it comes across but will not tolerate any damage to the gardens they both create and guard."

Presenting the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death.

This is another one from the Cupboard of Unfinished ThingsTM that's been waiting for me to bring it back to the table for a final painting session or two. It's not a patch on the many, many other Flower Knights out there on the Inter-webs, but I'm really pleased with it.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• By 72moonglum
      So at the same time I was working on my female hill giant, I was also working on two centaurs that the great Julie Guthrie had sculpted around 1982. I did them at the same time because I was looking for the same flesh tones because both I figured spend tons of time outside so should be very tan. 

Anyhow, an advanced warning and a link because the female centaur is showing off her mammal parts, so here's a link to her front:

Female Centaur front

and from the other side:

As well as her male companion, who is chasing her around it seems like:

Anyway a flash back into the past.  These centaurs weren't actually available too long either, being replaced by other figures under their same code.  I was told that if a set or figure didn't sell at least 200 pieces, they would get retired, so I imagine this might have been their fate back then which is a pity because they are really beautiful minis.

And I've had both of these since the eighties, but finally got around to painting them, so hope you enjoy! It's never too late to paint a mini!

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 148 Guests (See full list)