Ral Partha Armored Knight Raising Visor

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

I really like him - the painting really compliments the classic figure and the shading is terrific. It would be nice to have a better view of the shield 

Thanks! I’ll see what I can do about getting a better shield shot. 

10 hours ago, Warlady said:

I think the freehand on his shield turned out really well.

Thank you very much, it's a really small spot to paint on and my freehand always makes me feel like I'm a kindergartner drawing really simple designs.

And here’s a close up of the shield  not the greatest of photos  95FF80F7-D40C-44B7-BF38-6A508503077D.thumb.jpeg.00f7c1d58696cc55f0eaa0c09713af9c.jpeg

• Like 5
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Warlady said:

That you did a recognizable unicorn speaks volumes.  I've never managed more than some uneven dots around the hem of a cloak.  ;-P

I'm glad people can recognize it as a unicorn, I did this one years ago, and asked if people knew what it was but nobody figured out it was a crossed sword and carrot...

reaper halfling druid 500.JPG

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      And good evening to all of you of the Reaper persuasion,

So just finished photographing this guy this afternoon.  This is an Earth Elemental, originally from a blister pack of three minis, this guy, the Earth Elementals Lord I painted a few days back and an interesting looking iguana-like Earth Familiar, which is on my docket next.  This was sculpted by Jim Johnson and released somewhere in the nineties.  Fun figure to paint, not a drop of metal, but all sorts of different earth tones.  The only un-earthy tones are the crystals in his spine, which I painted blue.  I wanted to originally paint them green to match the crystal in the Shaman's staff, but I didn't think there would be enough contrast between the grass/moss around the stones.

The little iguana familiar will be next!

Enjoy!
    • By TattooedITGuy
      I just wanted to share a Medieval Knight I painted off of MMF. It was my first bust painted and 3D printed. I learned a lot from this bust. I also tried a new technique by priming pink and doing a zenithal highlight in white ink and shadows with dark pink ink. Then going over with yellow ink to finish it off.  I hope you all enjoy as much as I did painting it. 

• By 72moonglum
      Tere Reaperlased! 
      So here's another miniature from the days gone by, a Julie Guthrie Female Giant, originally in her All Things Dark and Dangerous line.  This is apparently version two of the miniature.  The first one I painted maybe a year or so ago, a more primitive looking hill giant lady, who has always been one of my favorite figures Julie has sculpted along with her female centaur

Julie Guthrie Hill Giant

Julie Guthrie Centaurs

Anyhoos, here she is:

and then afterwards a comparison photo so you can see her against one of her contemporaries, a female mage:

once again, color choice was so hard and I have no idea where the inspiration for purple hair came from. I think it was due to the fact that she wasn't a earth-tone hill giant, but a little more civilized. And we all know most civilized women have purple hair. 

Anyhows, hope you enjoy!

• By Unit04
      The third and final big box from Batman: Gotham City Chronicles is full of Batmen from various countries.  Apparently Bruce Wane decided to franchise superheroing like a McDonalds.  

The crew, part 1 - 

Dark Ranger is the Australian "Batman".  He dresses in white, uses guns and flies around on a jetpack.  Just like Batman...yeah I don't get it.  

Knight, Batman of England.  

Chief Man-of-Bats, of the Dakota territories.  I tried to get his eyes white but it never looked good, so I wound up going black.

Raven Red, the Chief's son and sidekick.  His eyes came out much better than his dad's.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      I was trying to use rose gold, with new gold as the highlights. 

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)