Sign in to follow this  
LarsM

A journey into rust (pic heavy)

That is a really nice effect, well done you :bday:

(I'm totally going to steal that idea.......I mean, be inspired to try it myself)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

That is a really nice effect, well done you :bday:

(I'm totally going to steal that idea.......I mean, be inspired to try it myself)

Steal away!.. I am happy to inspire.

16 hours ago, Heisler said:

Now you just need to add some streaking rust to that.

I thought it was finished :o).. . I did add steaks, so Im not sure what you mean by streaking rust? 

But I would love to hear about it! 

Edited by LarsM
Did not want to miss a good advice

6 hours ago, LarsM said:

I thought it was finished :o).. . I did add steaks, so Im not sure what you mean by streaking rust? 

But I would love to hear about it! 

I missed them in the photograph, sorry. I usually go heavier on the streaking, it can be very prominent and its a little understated in yours.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heisler said:

I missed them in the photograph, sorry. I usually go heavier on the streaking, it can be very prominent and its a little understated in yours.

OK.. Hmm, maybe I should go heavier.. Thanks for the comment, I am always open to suggestions and ideas. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      Wear and tear is usually a welcome addition to most vehicle models. After all, tank armor is made to take a few hits.
      One of the things to keep in mind when painting something like that is the story it tells. Where and how you place it tells of how the damage happened. Rusty areas are older than shining metal showing through- moreso if there are streaks of rust leading down. A combination of rust and metal shows that this is a place where the rust layer gets scrapped off.
      This vehicle is from Seedy Tea Publishing‘s Simulacrum Protocol line.

• By Darcstaar
      These were the third installment of my Bones 1 WIPs.
      Which is metal?  Which is BONES?
      You'll have to check out the WIP to decide!
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86504-darcstaar-vs-bones-1-ep-3-oxidation-beast/&tab=comments#comment-1834708

Hope you enjoy, and I hope it helps people see that there isn't always a loss of detail between BONES and Pewter.
      C&C Welcome.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's another Dungeon Dwellers model. 07012, Caerindra Thistlemoor was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I painted it with Reaper’s MSP acrylics, shaded with Citadel inks, used Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish and 3D printed the base. Her left eye is not as sharp as I'd like it to be, she seems to have a black eye, I will need to fix this.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hello everyone,

And welcome to my weathering class.

No. Not WEATHER - WEATHERING. So more like this:

After having worked on some vehicles for quite some time and having recently finished some tanks in winter camouflage (check out ->here<-, ->here<- and ->here<-), I was asked to do a tutorial and explain some weathering techniques.

That said, I have to be honest and want to make clear that I LOVE to overdo it, so that things pop out on the table. If that's too much for you, you need to adjust on your vehicles and stuff accordingly.

As it is hard to give an overview over the topic of weathering and find THE solution to all the different approaches of aging a vehicle, house or other mechanical thing, I will use different vehicles and techniques and explain everything in order for every vehicle I work on - so maybe a technique that suits you won't be done in the first tutorial, but in a later work. So please be patient.

First off: If you want to see some people doing great stuff with different models and weathering techniques, check out these channels on Youtube:

->Plasmo - Plastic Models<- ->Andy's Hobby Headquarters<- ->Doctor Fausts Painting Clinic<- ->Laser Creation World<-

They may answer some questions you have and provide in-depth sight into the process of weathering a vehicle or building (which means: this tutorial is basically meaningless - haha)

Anyway: Let's get started!

Table of Contents:

What's Weathering?
      Going the first mile (How to plan and to start) (Under construction)
    • By Darcstaar
      Since Callie is coming to a close, I have been preparing the Oxidation Beast.

I have one in metal also, so I will paint both together.

I had some 40mm hollow, round lipped bases that seem like a good fit.  I used some styrene model train cobblestone for one, and sculpted dressed stone tiles for the other.

I plan for one to use the 5th Edition Monster Manual color scheme (Bones)

And the metal one to follow the Pathfinder Bestiary 1 color scheme.  It has a red with black stipple color scheme.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)