Sign in to follow this  
wickedshifty

Strumpet, Minotaur, elementals, kitty oh my! PIC HEAVY!

Nice work. My faves are the air elemental and the use of the base coming up into the whirwind, the gems on the minotaur, and the strumpet's petticoat(?)

• Like 1

Very nice assortment you painted up. They're all lovely, but I've never seen anything like that air elemental. There's a real touch of brilliance to that concept. It's one thing to come up with a great idea, and another thing to pull it off. Major kudos to nailing both! :winkthumbs: I also love the way you highlighted the ice troll. It makes him look a bit furry, even where their isn't any. Beautifully done.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Oldwolf359
      Here are some more of my bones minis painted with various brands of paint
      Reaper, GW, Army Painter
      Sku:77362

Sku:77378

Sku:77329

Sku:77068

• By Darcstaar
      This was a very fun group to paint.  They also went very fast.  I finished them in January, but just got around to photographing them.
      I can't pick a favorite, they all have so much personality.  I tried some OSL on the fire elemental's base.
      The camera settings were changed on the solo shots of the air elemental to tone down the white from overpowering.
      It ended up kind of dark.
      Enjoy.

• By Thrym
      Once again my buddy with the minotaur character fixation asked me to find a minotaur for him that I can convert into a monk.  Given that most are armed and armored ... I understood his dilemma. 

Thrym's Table presents:

Spellcrow Minotaur as
      Minotaur Monk

Original marketing image; copyright Spellcrow Miniatures.

The first things that had to go were the axes.  The hands were attached to axes on a separate sprue and made it easy to remove them.  Next I drilled out the old handle and cleaned up the pins to the wrists.

Fairly easy so far.  I did it during game night while playing Talisman.  I was the Sprite.

Next I pared back the horns to create a pin and to create a better profile.  The stock horns seemed a bit out of proportion to him.  When I got home my original plan was to place pieces of mini cable ties to create a Karnak look for his fists.  The cable tie I started with worked to a point but wouldn't lay flat enough to his hand.  So time for idea #2, wire.  

As you can see, Karnak has bands around his hands.

That worked well.  That gave me the idea for a necklace or medallion swinging away from him.

Here he is...

Enjoy and stay tuned.  
    • By Pineapple
      I finished this model right at the end of February, but I've been under the weather and it wasn't until today that I felt up to taking pictures.  This was my first time chopping up the integral base of a bones mini and making a custom base and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

I realized upon photographing him that I forgot to properly paint the armband on his left arm so I'll have to go back and do that.  I might also repaint the knife/cleaver as steel.  I thought it would look cool as copper like some kind of ceremonial knife, but I think it's a bit too much.

C&C welcome, thanks for looking!
    • By Felltyde
      as Usual, I failed to clean him up well, but he’s good for the table 

• Who's Online   7 Members, 2 Anonymous, 143 Guests (See full list)