My Super Power

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My super power is attracting dogs and horses.

Part of my old job involved flora/fauna surveying and if there was any horses onsite I would end up with a little herd 'helping' me. One particular landowner asked me if I wanted to buy her rescued friesian stallion because I was the only person that he would willingly go near. He was absolutely gorgeous, and such a gentle soul. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford afford him at the time :(

Dogs follow me too, when I go out jogging I usually end up with a furry friend abandoning their owner and running alongside me. Today it was a boxer, yesterday a wee fuzzy scrap of a thing called Jango :)

• Like 12

Many years ago, I had a job as a pizza man. My job was to make delicious pizzas, all kinds, for delivery or dine in.

I lived three blocks from the pizza joint, so I usually walked home after work. By the time I arrived at my front door, I had an entourage of five to a dozen dogs.

Weirdly enough, since I quit work as a pizza man, I don't seem to draw dogs as readily...

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

I'm pretty sure I don't smell of pizza but I might be wrong....

I used to work in a kitchen and on one terrible, hideous, summer night our extractor fans went kaput. It was almost unbearable, and I went home feeling light headed, nauseous and stinking. When I got in my cat jumped onto my shoulder and tried to eat my hair :(

I just realised that I have another super power- I don't get bitten by midges at all. This is a great advantage in Scotland :bday:

• Like 12

Jack has powers over time and space. I regularly win staring contests with the Laws of Physics.  ::D:

I can fit ten cubic feet of stuff into seven-and-a-half cubic feet of space. I can stack things on top of each other that shouldn't be stackable and they won't fall over. I can get the candy machine to take that dollar bill that it won't take for anyone else. If I need to be somewhere in ten minutes, but it's 20 minutes away, I'll make it on time. On at least three separate occasions people have sworn they saw me teleport when I'm really drunk.

Just don't ask me how I did it, or the Universe will explode.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

I can fit ten cubic feet of stuff into seven-and-a-half cubic feet of space. I can stack things on top of each other that shouldn't be stackable and they won't fall over.

I call this power tetrising. It's definitely not my superpower though I regularly attempt to tetris my freezer.

I was once dubbed deathhand by work colleagues because of my ability as a tester to get anything to fail. But I do also have to give a special mention to my contortion like powers which enabled me to crawl halfway through a very small pet door, reach up and unlock the door so I could get into my house on Monday.

My flaw balances out the mum-like superpower of knowing where every item in the house is whenever anyone asks, even if I didn't know before they asked. It has to do with leaving half drunk cups of tea all over the house in strange spots.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Sibling said:

I call this power tetrising. It's definitely not my superpower though I regularly attempt to tetris my freezer.

I thought I was the only one who called it that! ::D: I'm pretty good at tetrising, though I wouldn't call it one of my odd superpowers.

I have a few. One is the ability to jinx people (usually myself) when they are playing a video game and either racing or fighting a big battle. If I say they'll win, they don't. I've taken to not even thinking it, just in case. A corollary to that is every time I've insisted "we're gonna die" prior to a big scary fight in Pathfinder, everyone's survived, even when it was against probability. The few times I forgot, people died. I've been especially bad about it in this campaign. :unsure:

I also seem to be a sort of cat whisperer. Even the most shy of kitties will come say hello, to the astonishment of their owners. I figure it's because they are able to see past my human disguise and recognize one of their own. :lol:

I also have an uncanny ability to untangle stuff, though I attribute that to my patience and ability to intently focus on something for long periods of time. My dad eventually left the Christmas lights for me to sort out each year because I was so good at it. ^_^

I'm sure I have others, but those are the ones that come to mind just now.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Now that I think about it, I used to take my daughter along when I was going out to buy blind booster packs with figures in them. She had an uncanny ability to pick one with a rare figure in it.

• Like 4

On 7/11/2018 at 2:02 AM, OneBoot said:
On 7/10/2018 at 8:27 PM, Sibling said:

I thought I was the only one who called it that! ::D: I'm pretty good at tetrising, though I wouldn't call it one of my odd superpowers.

I have mastered the art of Tetrising to the point of occasionally getting two solid objects to share the same physical space. When I pack a box, it's best not to shake it too hard in case the contents reach critical mass.

When people used to ask me what I carried in my Rocky Bag, I'd tell them...

"One of everything. And two of everything else."  

They'd assume I was joking.  :B):

• Haha 8

Tetrising is a familial power. My father used to fit piles of luggage larger than a minivan... into the minivan. With room for 5 people and space to see out the back window. Unpacking took hours as the pile expanded back to normal size, one thing at a time, all of it unbroken though lightly squished (bag, cast iron frying pans, axe, shotgun, bag, towels, fishing rods, crock pot, bag, tent, sleeping bags, tackle boxes, bag...)

I can tetris, though my talent is less impressive. I don't have a minivan, I have a Handy Haversack. I inherited it from my dad (might be part of why it works tbh). I bring it to every con I attend because I can always fit stuff into it. No matter how full it is, I can find room and it all comes out unbroken though lightly squished (swag, laptop, jacket, dice, swag, rulebooks, case of minis, sandwiches, swag, snacks, coffee cup, con contraband, swag...) Unfortunately, the magic item description lied to me, this thing totally weighs more than 5 pounds. A lot more...

• Like 3
  • Haha 8