Wyrmgear

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the buttery shine of well aged yellow metal down.  That is some really smooth blending.  Can I ask what colors your using in the wash?  I looked back but I wasn't able to discern if you went with the layering highlight and then washing back to palamino gold or if you're using a lighter wash as you progress.  Also curious if your top color is the NMM highlight or if you are using a lighter yellow for the final highlight

You've inspired me to give the NMM gold a shot on the belly of my Grenadier gold dragon so any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

• Like 1

So the full process with maybe a stage skipped in parts was base palomino gold washed with sepia wash.  The highlight color was NMM gold highlight.  After the wash re apply palomino gold everywhere except shadows then in thin layers.

PG.        NMM GH

2.                   1

1.                   1

1.                   2

0.                   2

After this you can start mixing white in, I am a big fan of reaper paints but for white I like Vallejo air as the pigment is very fine.

wash with a very watery palomino gold ( you may need several and then apply final white highlights).

hipe that helps kangaroo and thanks for the kind words ;)

the final white is not yet applied

Edited by Limey72
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wasn't sure where this was going when I started the design on the leg plate but a n axe was not on the list, needs a little clean up.  Not sure if I like it yet I may start over.

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

Edited by Limey72
  • Like 16

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, Limey72 said:

So the full process with maybe a stage skipped in parts was base palomino gold washed with sepia wash.  The highlight color was NMM gold highlight.  After the wash re apply palomino gold everywhere except shadows then in thin layers.

PG.        NMM GH

2.                   1

1.                   1

1.                   2

0.                   2

After this you can start mixing white in, I am a big fan of reaper paints but for white I like Vallejo air as the pigment is very fine.

wash with a very watery palomino gold ( you may need several and then apply final white highlights).

hipe that helps kangaroo and thanks for the kind words ;)

the final white is not yet applied

Thanks for the detail.  my plates are a bit more organic than Wyrmgear so I am looking forward to seeing how it works on that. 

I love the images on the wings!  The whole thing looks absolutely great and it is well composed.

• Like 2

Thank you so much Rex I look forward to seeing what you do with your gold, I have been thinking of replacing the sepia wash with maybe an auburn shadow next go around to see if I can get a warmer look.