Yes, if you look on YouTube for “Wire Tree Tutorial - Model Railroad” by Luke Towan, that’s the one I watched. I used finer wire than he did, and when you see his, you’ll see how much nicer his is. I made mine bigger to fit the 28mm mini sizes better. Also, I used moss for most of my trees instead of the foliage he used. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice job ... what game(s) will you use them in ... I used to build multi tree bases to make 'forested' areas and leave the trees removable for larger things moving into the area marked by the base ... worked well for table top war games that used 'area' terrain rules.

• Like 1

Well, in my daydreams I’ll use them for D&D, Boot Hill, or a prehistoric D&D game I’d like to run.  But realistically, they aren’t very transportable, and they’re kind of obstructive on the tabletop. So I’m not sure if they’ll ever get used. I might make some more and just leave them with no vegetation so that they at least don’t block the view of what is where on the table. Shrug. I dunno. 

• Like 5

Boot Hill ... so classic,  gave my copy with several modules to my cousin on his last birthday ... he is big on collecting old school TSR .

It had my go to combat system for Top secret and gangbusters ... 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Shrike Urchin, this sewer wader is part of Twisteds Dickensian faction.

Really struggled with this one for some reason (the fact he's very unstable didn't help), but I think he came out okay.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Mnutz
      Does anyone know if the two victim sculpts in the tree of despair set will (or are) ever going to be available separate from the set? I need a couple dozen. Thought about creating my own but id rather spend my money here first if possible. Alternatively is anyone aware of a reaper figure i could use as a substitute? Thank you all for any help.
    • By Thrym
      After assembling the Graveyard Golem I decided I wanted to adjust the warp of the gates on the golem's back.

So using two copper staples, I shaped them to an arch and gouged a notch on each wing.  Then cut the staple to leave a sharp point.  After that, I insert the staple using pliers and force.

Next I will secure the wire to the gate posts with superglue and then shape the wire and wing to the desired warp.  Once setup I will glue the wire to the remaining gate bars.

With the main new bars secured, I will intertwine some floral wire to dress up the bars and gate wings.

Stay tuned and Enjoy.  Please stay safe. 
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Mecha Toto, the fifth and final member of the Oz gang from Twisted by Demented Games.
      Kinda wish he'd been a bit furrier as all the armour plates came out a bit bland.

Bonus piccy:-

They're off to see the wizard...

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Little Dorothy, the fourth member and leader of the Oz gang from Twisted by Demented games.
      Wasn't as fun to paint as some of the others, but I think she turned out okay.

As a bonus, here she is with Big Dorothy (The original version I painted a while ago):-

Weirdly, they both ended up in the same colour dress despite not looking at Big Dorothy until I dug her out to take this piccy.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)