Sign in to follow this  
peepster1976

Frost Giant 77544 DONE!

I can relate with the Big Blue Guy; i.e., I once stood guard over a dumpster on a Winter's night at the Great Lakes Training Center. Icicles formed from the tips of my mustache & attached themselves to the upturned collar of my pea coat. All that aside, he is a WONDERFULLY painted & based creation. The metalwork is BEAUTIFULVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      So this is my take at painting Na'Kaat
      My firend uses this mini as a pc in our dnd campaign. The axe that comes with the mini felt too small to her so I swapped it with the two handed axe from 03197: Thelgar Halfblood, Half Orc Barbarian.

All in all this was one was nice to paint and is really nice to look at after  Hope you like it too!

• By Thrym
      WIP of the Cave Bear from Bones IV's Prehistoric Expansion.  I did not get this expansion so I recently picked up the Stone Giants and the Cave Bear from a gift certificate to Reaper Miniatures.  When I saw this I had ear-marked this to do the base in a similar method to Frulla Krung's base.
      To achieve that I added the bark next to the integrated base as well as a pumice piece and then using baking soda and super glue I added the snow and ice.
      For Frulla's base I used the BSI Thin Insta-Cure super glue and baking soda.  That made the ice easier to form over the rocks.  I will prolly add that after painting as well.

The base is built from cork with a plastic card (fake credit card sent in the mail) in between the top and bottom.  It provides a nice rigidity to the cork.

This Cave Bear will get a paint job of grays with a tan crescent under his chin and a tan snout.

I've downloaded a ton of pictures of different bears to see where the colors shift along the bear to get a better color along the bear's length and over its head.

Enjoy and Stay tuned.
    • By Evilhalfling
      Why is this giant standing this way?  He is solidly planted and ready, but not on the edge of combat.  
      He must be guarding something, expecting combat soon, but no one within striking distance. 
      After several false starts I ended up at this magical gate, clearly not built by or for giants of his size. 
      the Icy footprint shows he has been here a while, and went from standing position to a wide stance. 

Was torn between entering this into contests as vignette or single figure.  (reapers large figure contest) 
      I went with single figure as by itself it does not really tell a story. 
      now if I paint and add a figure coming through the gate (like Thor)  then that is a diorama. 
      plenty of time to see if it works before Reapercon. 

I tracked 20 hours of work on the giant, and another 8-10 on the base.  I have only gone in that deep on contest entries. 
      WIP

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Rotten Mummy, as the name suggests he's a Mummy that's going rotten, and he's part of the Egyptian faction for the game Twisted by Demented Games.

It's a really fun to paint mini that is annoying hard to photograph, but I think I did a decent job on him.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Gareth_Hriedmar
      This is one of the giants that I've painted that I'm the most proud of!

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)