TaleSpinner

Ittie Bittie Kitties...Again

I have a private commission to sculpt a set of cats.  The client (a member of this forum) wants them as a gift for someone.  I don't want to go into a lot of details or show reference pictures in the case that that someone happens to see this post, but the client did give me permission to share this here. I'll let the client decide whether or not he/she wants to reveal him/herself.

The cats are to be 1 inch tall at the head if they were standing, which puts them roughly in scale for a 50 to 60 mm human.  One will be sitting and one loafing.  Here are the armatures with basic skulls, eyeballs, and underpinning.

IMG_E3385.JPG.261d23440befbe4229a05970613786b1.JPG IMG_E3386.JPG.27afe237853e813a88eb222f0a509e4b.JPG

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Meow I'm really eager to see how these turn out. Right meow, I would say I'm at a 7. Can't wait to see meow you're going to sculpt these mini-tigers. ::D:

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The cats are to be 1 inch tall at the head if they were standing, which puts them roughly in scale for a 50 to 60 mm human. 

Or it's a couple Maine Coon toms...

• Haha 1

I wants them, my precious. Don't tell my kitties or they will hates me for findings new furballs to love on.

You know, I've always found with my loafing cats they tuck their front paws under their bellies and have missing paw syndrome. 

• Like 6

One of my cats frequently holds his paws a lot like the loafing cat mini, but he usually puts one paw in front of the other one. He actually has really cute paws when he does that. He also does the no feet loafing thing.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Corporea said:

I wants them, my precious. Don't tell my kitties or they will hates me for findings new furballs to love on.

You know, I've always found with my loafing cats they tuck their front paws under their bellies and have missing paw syndrome. 

My client already told me that this cat does this too.  I couldn't tell, because there was a blanket in the original reference photo.  I haven't lived with a cat in 30 years, so my memory of this was foggy.  I'll be changing that at lunch today.

• Like 6