A while ago I built a 77192: Kaladrax  Large skeletal dragon

I posted some images of it on the Reaper facebook page, at the time. The customer was adamant that he wanted to paint it himself and would not let me even base coat it. He has brought it back having sprayed it with Army Painter aerosol  primer some months ago because it still sticky particularly around the head and the tip of the tail. He wants me to fix it for him any suggestions welcome.

Personally I would buy another model as my suspicion is that there is not a reliable fix. I did say I would try so your help would be appreciated you would make a very enthusiastic young modeller very happy if you could.

You know, I don't know if it would work but I would try a 24-48 hour soak in Simple Green.  It does remove certain enamels or solvent-based paints as well as acrylic, and does not harm Bones.  If it doesn't get it all the way off, it might at least pull off enough to stop the continued reaction.  It might be the safest thing to try first, since it is not a stripper known to be harmful to Bones (it's been tested by people on here, but there may always be outliers).   

Yeah, fixing it with items also cheap and available might be a challenge.  I know this has come up before, though, so searching the whole painting tips and advice for 'tacky primer' or 'tacky paint' or 'paint won't dry' might yield a localised cost-effective solution. 

I use Armory clear coat to seal my Bones figures and they always come out fine. A friend of mine tried to do the same on a humid day and it came out tacky. I suggested he try to spray it again when the humidity went down. He claimed it worked but I have never personally seen said figure.

Before I started using Simple Green, I used to use Parson's Ammonia...any ammonia will do. With a little toothbrush scrub, it worked quite well at removing paint.

Edited by malefactus

Kaladrax has been discontinued, so it may not be all that easy to find one at a reasonable price.

(Reaper still have 16 pre-production castings available, though, but they may be even more flexible than old floppy... )

The issue you have is probably having to do with the plasticiser reacting badly to the chemicals in the spray.  

Wash it thoroughly, then take a look at this thread;

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/74433-reducing-the-flexibility-of-bones-figures/

Another thread mentions Baby Oil.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78053-using-benzine-to-harden-bones/

The active ingredients in Simple Green are: 

Mixed Alcohol Ethoxylate

Mixed alcohol ethoxylate works as a biodegradable surfactant in Simple Green. Like all surfactants, the ethoxylate helps ensure easy spreading of the product when sprayed onto your windows, furniture, floors or other areas that need cleaning.

Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate

Tetrapotassium pyrophosphate crystals are dissolved into the Simple Green solution as a detergent. The pyrophosphate provides some level of foaming and helps clean dirt off of hard surfaces.

You may be able to find a similar product by looking at ingredient labels. 

I have used Testors Dull Coat over tacky spray paint to get it to cure properly. And you can paint over it! Might be worth a shot.