dks

03810, Bregan, valkyrie: sculpt Gene Van Horne, paint Derek Schubert

She's gorgeous, as always!  And your painting style just keeps getting more and more amazing.  Thanks for sharing her.

Niiice.  Ace job by Gene, and a splendid paint job to show her off with.  Did I tell you I'm a fan?  Big fan.  Huge fan.  I might tear off my shirt at Reapercon and ask you to sign my chest.  If that's maybe too weird or too soon, then I'll wait until next year when I'm in one of your classes. 

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Niiice.  Ace job by Gene, and a splendid paint job to show her off with.  Did I tell you I'm a fan?  Big fan.  Huge fan.  I might tear off my shirt at Reapercon and ask you to sign my chest.  If that's maybe too weird or too soon, then I'll wait until next year when I'm in one of your classes. 

As always, I apologize for him, Derek. And I promise not to bring him to class with me. ::P:

She's gorgeous! Her hair is my favourite part - the highlight across the back is just :wub:

• Haha 3

Thanks, folks. 

@paintybeard: Her expression turned out quizzically complex.  Sulky from one side, Mona Lisa smile from the other?  Check it out:

03810_BreganValkyrie_dks_FaceX3views-200h.jpg.c3d3d25b7c88b56c24e5bf093c7ad6d3.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous Derek! As for her expression, I imagined that some sexist Viking said something about how she looks cute in that armor, and she's about to show him what's what. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By paedia
      I finished one of my favorite figures from the original Bones Kickstarter: Trista, the White Wolf. Patrick Keith is one of my favorite sculptors and he did a great job with her - especially with her realistic proportions and armor. I wasn't digging the original sword, so I swapped it out using the weapon sprue from Bones 3.

I bunch of thanks to all of the forum members who gave great encouragement and suggestions in my WIP thread.

• By Pochi
      I somehow forgot to post this guy when I finished him last year. I painted him shortly after I finished his queenly counterpart. I had some issues with the ice on the base so it didn't turn out exactly as I hoped but it's ok. Painting these big guys is sure a whole different experience to painting the "normal" sized minis.

• By Glitterwolf
      *** Please read in David Attenborough's voice***

Even the cold North has it brief moment of Spring.
      The Ice will never melt completely, but the small rise in temperature will melt some, giving the scarse plantlife a chance to sprout.
      Of course melting ice will also mean that large chunks will fall and this can surprise even the most experienced Yeti Chieftain as we see here.

Our Yeti Chieftain Gorm was distracted by his thoughts of a certain female of the species, it is Spring after all...when he found himself too close to a ice mountain.
      A sudden crackling sound and a large chunk came down.
      Gorm found himself paralyzed with fear, and this would be his doom.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, I painted this 80072, Antarctic Explorer to complement the little scene that I did for LadyStorm's winter contest.
      This model was sculpted by James Van Schaik. I painted it with Reaper's MSP paint and the synthetic snow is Army Painter Battlefields BF4103 snow.
      Any similarity with an old bearded man from the northern hemisphere is pure coincidence.

• By Pochi
      I painted this lady both for the Reaper facebook contest and for my Dungeons & Dragons campaign. She was part of Bones 3 and is another example of a really pretty face. I love the whole mini!

I didn't want top paint her skin blue but did want her to look cold. I added a little blue to the Reaper pale skin triad. I used Clear Purple to glaze in the shadows and glazed all over with very thinned Clear Blue. I ended up using my favorite colors for her clothes, shocking I know! I used my favorite wolf pelt colors for her cloak. I considered doing a snow leopard type pelt but wasn't sure if the longer fur looked catlike. Who knows, maybe I will have to get a second one and give it a try! She was fun to paint!

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)