Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a vintage mini, Grenadier Dragonman Sorcerer, I got it from a BOGW a few years ago.

I will use him as a Demon Officer in my Children of the Grave army, because I think he looks a bit like a classic Demon.

WIP
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=4

Enjoy!

• By Otyugh
      This mini of my favorite evil mage type figures. I painted it a while back, and it has seen heavy use (gaming, displaying, a few moves, an a couple of stunt dives off a congested gaming table). I plan on touching up the chipped areas (see edge of scroll), but I would like to know how to make the paint more durable for future minis.

The Callus figure was de-flashed, sanded, primed, painted, and then given a clear coat.

• By Nightwing
      This is the “sorcerer” from the Grenadier Wizards box set, circa 1980. As with most of my minis from this set, he was sand blasted a long time ago, which significantly eroded some detail. 

Trying to stay away from the usual wizards’ blues and blacks, i went with white. The orb he was holding was a challenge. I’ve not seen how to paint a proper crystal ball, so i went with reflected earth and sky. 

• By lazarp
      This mini was super challenging for me, but also very fun to paint! :D

• By Pingo
      So while I was shopping at Ral Partha Europe (not the same as Ral Partha), I spotted some figures from Das Schwarze Auge which looked kind of nice in an Old School sort of way.

Das Schwarze Auge was apparently Germany's answer to D&D in the 1980s. It was (might still be) quite popular there.

I don't know the history of the figures.

Anyhow, this is Das Schwarze Auge 15500B, "Female Sorcerer".

I started this figure a while back, keeping it at the back of my painting table and adding bits as I painted other things.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I already painted her face before I took a picture.

Oh, and I left the orb on her staff just primed white because that will make it look more glowing when I paint it later.
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)