Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_king_of_the_tower

Anyone basing?

I picked up a bunch of embossing folders that I thought could make fun patterns for bases. We can play with those too. 

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

I will be bringing my green stuff and have heard of that company and the stamps it'd be interesting to see

I'm guessing that there's a decent chance Happy Seppuku will be at ReaperCon, and they have had a special con-exclusive stamp in the swag bags the past couple of years.  You should have no problem trying out their stuff!  

• Like 3

I'd be happily to join in and learn. I picked up a lot of basing material, but could never compose a scene well enough. Always been curious and blown away when people combine random things together that dont look like much individually and them all of a sudden... display base! O__o 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 9:21 AM, pcktlnt said:

I'd be happily to join in and learn. I picked up a lot of basing material, but could never compose a scene well enough. Always been curious and blown away when people combine random things together that dont look like much individually and them all of a sudden... display base! O__o 

Same here lol. Honestly didn't expect so much interest in the random topic I guess I should pick a time and day or something im no good at organizing things lol. When do people not have classes? Maybe after con hours? I have a room at the hotel where it's being hosted. Maybe I need to git gud at something and host a class next year lol. I will also be making some flock this weekend of various colors I think im going to make some sample bags and give them to people who show up since there are so many! 

• Like 2

I should have basing stuff along with a few other things of interest that I will bring from the Wamp raffle I won last year.  Some stuff still never made it from a few vendors but I did get a ton of things from Brett at Wamp and the few vendors who responded quickly.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

So if we were to get together and do a beating thing what day would be good for people?  Im thinking of having it after hours so it doesn't interfere with any events

Going off the 2 years it was at a hotel before there could possibly be a nice area in the public painting space to set up shop for people to drop by and do some basing stuff when they have nothing else going on.  If others are around with more experience to offer help then it would almost be a community style @Corporea's Corner!  I really am trying to get that bit of awesomeness back to the con. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Going off the 2 years it was at a hotel before there could possibly be a nice area in the public painting space to set up shop for people to drop by and do some basing stuff when they have nothing else going on.  If others are around with more experience to offer help then it would almost be a community style @Corporea's Corner!  I really am trying to get that bit of awesomeness back to the con. 

Im really thinking of holding it at my room after hours maybe with some adult beverages and snacks or something our room seems so big I might as well...I may just make a decision and see who shows up if so I'll make another official post and put a link in here to our

I will also try to bring extra like home made flocking and things like brushes for tall grass (I like home made alternatives to bathing materials) 

Edited by Crimson_king_of_the_tower

Well I'll bring some basing goodies along and join in the fun.  It's an area I could improve on.  I also need to see if I can bring some of my water effects, haven't had much opportunity to play with them and they don't last forever...

• Like 1

Not to be a downer or anything, but you may want to rethink having it in your room. While the rooms certainly look big enough from the pictures I've seen, if you get any halfway reasonable turnout (And based on the responses in this thread, I'm guessing you will), there's a possibility of having noise issues, and disturbing other guests.

• Like 2