Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_king_of_the_tower

Anyone basing?

7 hours ago, Zoxe said:

If I ever tried to carry something like this across the kitchen, it would end in a sitcom-esque disaster:

- Zoxe picks up the tray

- Zoxe trips over his own feet, fumbles, bumbles, and nearly launches the pan of brightly colored bits.

- Zoxe recovers triumphantly!  

- Zoxe sighs and smiles at the close call.

- Zoxe suddenly sneezes and blows green flakes all over the floor.

- Mrs. Zoxe magically appears in the doorway, arms crossed, eyebrow up, and tapping one foot.

This! Very much this for me!  My college roommates have never let me live down the vanillin snow police incident

• Haha 1

Packed up 15 different types of flock ground cover for the event. ..

And my happy Seppuku stamps 

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 3

If it's alright, I can bring a large amount of supplies to share. Went overboard at a Michael's sale when I was hoping to start one of the Goodwill basing boxes. Lots of rocky materials, mosses, and artificial flowers that can be cut up as needed.

• Like 3

Someone driving please remember to bring some Elmer's wood glue!!!!!!

The white will dissolve if you still liquid on it...

• Like 1

Wait so regular elmer's white glue isn't good for basing?

2 hours ago, knarthex said:

Also the basing meet up will be friday evening about 8 or so so hopefully most people will be done with things as far as where I have no idea but either me or my wife will be wearing a unicorn hat and I'll have my suitcase/ workshop with me I'll also be in a black and purple kilt gonna also try to have a sign. Friday morning I will also open a thread in here called basing meet up so I can say definitely where it will be and we can communicate through it. Not ideal I know but it's the best I have at the moment hope it helps

• Like 3

I use tacky glue. I will bring the big bottle. I have a sign too. Just need to remember to put paper in it. I will pick up some plastic glue so we can play with polystyrene and maybe someone can show me how that stuff is supposed to work, cause I'm really bad at it. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Keianna said:

I use tacky glue. I will bring the big bottle. I have a sign too. Just need to remember to put paper in it. I will pick up some plastic glue so we can play with polystyrene and maybe someone can show me how that stuff is supposed to work, cause I'm really bad at it. 

I have no basing experience so i'm more hoping to learn alot. I do have lots of materials though

• Like 3

17 hours ago, knarthex said:

If the Elmer’s says “School Glue” it is water soluble. (...And, abso-freakkin’-useless for basing or terrain projects.)

The old formula, the type I was sent to school with in the 2nd grade, was very much not water soluble. Not sure they make it anymore. 

Somebody already mentioned Eileen’s tacky glue? Highly recommend. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TGP said:

If the Elmer’s says “School Glue” it is water soluble. (...And, abso-freakkin’-useless for basing or terrain projects.)

The old formula, the type I was sent to school with in the 2nd grade, was very much not water soluble. Not sure they make it anymore. 

Somebody already mentioned Eileen’s tacky glue? Highly recommend. 

Old school white glue is PVA glue.  school glue is, if I remember correctly, finely granulated starch paste in a gel medium.  for all you paste eaters out there, it has a very reminiscent flavor and you can use it to thicken your stew in a pinch.  However, it is pretty useless for any kind of no paper adhesion.

Only problem with wood glue I have had is that it can dry off color which can in turn, cause whatever you were trying to glue a slightly off shade of yellow.  not a problem for flock and leaves and grass, it is a bit of an issue when you are trying to do snow (no catty remarks about the yellow snow please)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Old school white glue is PVA glue.  school glue is, if I remember correctly, finely granulated starch paste in a gel medium.  for all you paste eaters out there, it has a very reminiscent flavor and you can use it to thicken your stew in a pinch.  However, it is pretty useless for any kind of no paper adhesion.

Only problem with wood glue I have had is that it can dry off color which can in turn, cause whatever you were trying to glue a slightly off shade of yellow.  not a problem for flock and leaves and grass, it is a bit of an issue when you are trying to do snow (no catty remarks about the yellow snow please)

When doing snow the best adhesive is water effect in my opinion 

• Like 3