Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_king_of_the_tower

Anyone basing?

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Not to be a downer or anything, but you may want to rethink having it in your room. While the rooms certainly look big enough from the pictures I've seen, if you get any halfway reasonable turnout (And based on the responses in this thread, I'm guessing you will), there's a possibility of having noise issues, and disturbing other guests.

That's a thought I just have no idea where to say to have it as I know nothing of this hotel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, neither do I.

Based on how it was at the last hotel, I'd be willing to bet that there'll be some tables around that could be grabbed and used for this.

 

Or maybe wait 'till Wednesday at the meet-n-greet and see what the layout is?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yeah, neither do I.

Based on how it was at the last hotel, I'd be willing to bet that there'll be some tables around that could be grabbed and used for this.

 

Or maybe wait 'till Wednesday at the meet-n-greet and see what the layout is?

Unfortunately I won't be in until early Thursday morning and won't make the meet n greet hmmmmm maybe I'll just make a flag and tell people to look for it on a certain night and time? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Or just a big sign that reads "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO THIS TABLE!"

 

I have a table top sign holder that we could put up. I will bring an extra box too so we can clean the table up when no one is there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I want to bring all my basing stuff but since I am local it could always be tossed in a box to cart out there if it looks like I may hang out and base things during off times.  Saturday would be a good time for that while I have my daughter there and we are done with classes.  We will be staying until the awards and she get bored easily BUT loves basing more than painting now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I have not than I need I'll be bringing some hardwood plinths as long as I'm not bringing them home again.  They are 1.5 to 2.5 in square and 2 to 4 inches high in a few different woods, mostly chestnut, hickory and catulpa, though there are some other woods and I might rip off 1 or 2 ash 3" rounds if someone has a burning need for one.

 

I am also bringing my green stuff world texture rollers to play with!  I need to do some bases for kill team if nothing else

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will post details of how and when to meet up by the end of this week if not earlier I will be bringing plenty of my sculpting things, tools sculpey, greenstuff etc also just made a TON of different colors in moderately large amounts of homemade flock. Wil also be bringing paint brushes for reeds and anything else I can manage to get as this might be one of the things I want to work on that I might have the chance to! The picture is the green flocking my wife has made some but wants it kept secret till we get there lol! There are lots more colors.

15348320950667614592844753708440.jpg

Edited by Crimson_king_of_the_tower
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edz16 said:

Wow, thats awesome! Would love to know how you made your own flock like that.

It's pretty easy very fine sifted saw dust and water and cheap acrylic paint then let dry eve made a ton of different variations it beats playing the exorbitant prices companies all for such a small amount

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 2:17 AM, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

I will post details of how and when to meet up by the end of this week if not earlier I will be bringing plenty of my sculpting things, tools sculpey, greenstuff etc also just made a TON of different colors in moderately large amounts of homemade flock. Wil also be bringing paint brushes for reeds and anything else I can manage to get as this might be one of the things I want to work on that I might have the chance to! The picture is the green flocking my wife has made some but wants it kept secret till we get there lol! There are lots more colors.

15348320950667614592844753708440.jpg

 

 

If I ever tried to carry something like this across the kitchen, it would end in a sitcom-esque disaster:

- Zoxe picks up the tray

- Zoxe trips over his own feet, fumbles, bumbles, and nearly launches the pan of brightly colored bits.

- Zoxe recovers triumphantly!  

- Zoxe sighs and smiles at the close call.

- Zoxe suddenly sneezes and blows green flakes all over the floor.

- Mrs. Zoxe magically appears in the doorway, arms crossed, eyebrow up, and tapping one foot.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zoxe said:

 

 

If I ever tried to carry something like this across the kitchen, it would end in a sitcom-esque disaster:

- Zoxe picks up the tray

- Zoxe trips over his own feet, fumbles, bumbles, and nearly launches the pan of brightly colored bits.

- Zoxe recovers triumphantly!  

- Zoxe sighs and smiles at the close call.

- Zoxe suddenly sneezes and blows green flakes all over the floor.

- Mrs. Zoxe magically appears in the doorway, arms crossed, eyebrow up, and tapping one foot.

 

Lol I managed to keep it all find us to get some for your minis 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...