Sign in to follow this  
plaul

Reaper Primer, Different Formula or Bad Batch?

You should also remember your putting it on a bones figure, did you wash the figure, if so did you try and put on a liner on the mini than try the primer?

The reason why I can't figure out if it was a bad batch or a change in formula is b/c I bought as follows

Placed 06/29/18     

09214: MSP Core Colors: Brush-On Black Primer (3.69) x3
Placed 06/18/17
09214: Black Primer (3.29) x3
Placed 07/03/16 
09299: MSP Core Colors: Grey Primer (3.29) x3 
I also bought two bottles of black primer from my local hobby store last week (8/18) and same issue. 

Given the time frame and that I bought direct and from a hobby store...what the heck?  Also it seems I am the only one to have this issue unless I'm the only person who uses primer?  Which is strange.

Prior to these three orders I had three additional orders for primer with no quality problems.   

Kazmania, never had an issue before with bones or metal.  Primer is dripping off both bones and metal.

If it is dripping off metal, then I wager that you have not cleared excess paint/water/combo off your brush before beginning to prime. It is a technique that is used to ensure that the dripping/flowing/pouring of paint from brush to mini does not happen. 

HST, I'm wrestling with a bottle of Reaper paint that is just not adhering to the mini.  I'm now on base coat @ six and am slowly building it up.  My guess is that, somehow, I got oil from my hands or didn't properly clean the mini or a combo.  I know that I handled the mini way more than I usually do, so I'm guessing it is skin oil.

I have noticed issues with brush on primer.  Not just Reaper’s.  It seems to spoil faster than other paint, or need to be shaken very often.  I have had white brush on primer I used immediately, and was fine, but 6 months later I couldn’t shake into re-suspension.