Glitterwolf

77505: Dragon Plant by Glitterwolf

4 minutes ago, Arc 724 said:

That gives me goose bumps to look at! Well done!

Thank you!

It will be part of this:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81223-welcome-to-the-jungle-by-glitterwolf/

Which will be a part of this:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

WHOA! That is an under taking right there! I believe in you! And if you need/want any help I'm willing. :) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Arc 724 said:

WHOA! That is an under taking right there! I believe in you! And if you need/want any help I'm willing. :) 

Thx!

It is slowly coming together, the terrain piece that is, the Lost World is an ongoing project which might end upon my leaving this world one day ( hopefully in the very very distant future..)

5 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Very nice. I like the color choice and effect for the 'mouth' - it reads as both bloodlike and berry like!

Thank you!

Just don't come to close to it!

31 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Nice.  Too bad it only eats blood.

This one will also take the whole animal/human.

It has a good appetite and it's not Audrey ::D:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Very cool, it will be nice to see it hooked up to the diorama!

Still WIP ( Lost World Project and Welcome to the Jungle) but here is a peek.

DSCN9495.JPG

DSCN9502.JPG

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Still WIP ( Lost World Project and Welcome to the Jungle) but here is a peek.

DSCN9495.JPG

DSCN9502.JPG

Whoah, that's extremely awesome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, malefactus said:

It is a BEAUTY & will be a highlight of the diorama. VERY WELL DONE!

Thx Al!

It slowly comes together, main problem is the heat, I can't sculpt the feathers for the velociraptors right now and those are the other main attraction on this piece.

The Procreate gets rubbery too fast now.

Soon...

@72moonglumthank you!

Take a look at the WIP from the Lost World if you like this sort of thing.

It is filled with stories, Jungle stuff, Conquistadores, Lizardmen, Dinosaurs, Aztec Warriors, Pirates etc etc...

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Another fellow I'd painted long ago that got a touch-up when I was on that plant bender. This photosynthetic hulk is a great stand in for my favorite DC character: the Swamp Thing. 

• By Crowley
      I had president's day off, so to take advantage of it, I decided to speed paint some saprolings and some ghouls. I'll get around to posting the ghouls shortly...

First up, the twig blights (though really, at this size, they're more like branch blights) were all given a good hot water and soap scrub, and then primed with Brown Liner.

Then I painted them in successive highlights using Walnut Brown, Nut Brown, and Desert Stone. I then blotted them irregularly with Muddy Olive. 

I stuck them on 1" slotta bases (GW style) and numbered each one, then I painted on some wood glue, and flocked them. 

• By Inarah
      Spring floral is here!  I found these at Michael's this morning.  Succulents are a thing, fake succulents even more so since you can't kill them.  All of the ones I took pics of are small enough for table top use, 3" wide or less.   I did not take note of prices, but you can get coupons on their web site to help with the cost. 

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here my Mudcroack. Love the mini. Recently we have been playing the Tomb of Annihilation D&D campaign, based on the jungles of Chult, and we found many of these adorable frogmen creatures, Grungs. That motivated me to start working with Mudcroack despite having almost all the new GW goblins waiting.
      Well, frogs are usually green, jungles too, and it was all kinda repetitive; so I decided to use as little green as possible.
      For the basing I chose a resin scenic base that I adapted, and the "barbed bracken" plants from GW. 
      Any feedback welcome, and if you want, please follow me on instagram at @albertnyarla 

• By Glitterwolf
      I have created a little diorama / terrain piece to go with my Lost World Project.

WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81223-welcome-to-the-jungle-by-glitterwolf/

I used the base of Kaladrax Bones, now OOP to create some Aztec style ruins.
      The smaller Aztec ruin pieces are from Greenstuffworld.

For the creatures in the murky river I used the Moray Eel of Reaper's  02948: Familiar Pack VII, sculpted a lungfish and some Trilobites myself ( almost invisible in the murky water as they should be.) and I sculpted a second eel.
      And a Bones Centipede 77427: Dungeon Vermin - Centipede .

The Plantlife are the Plant Dragon and the Deathstar Lilies from Bones
      77505: Dragon Plant  and 77504: Death Star Lilies .

The Triceratops cadaver is a plastic Triceratops skeleton which I fleshed out with putty.
      The little feathered raptors are Ral Partha Velocirapors and I used putty to give them feathers.

There is a juvenile Barchiosaurus in the back he's from a Paint and Play set from Wild Republic.
      The Flying Creature is an OOP Metal Terradon from Games Workshop.

The Giant Centipede is from Safari Toob Animals which I repainted.

Thanks to @knarthex for providing me with flock, @strawhat for sending me the Toob Animals from which the Giant Centipede is now used, @TaleSpinner for his advice on sculpting feathers, I'm not superb good at it but I think it worked.
      @SisterMaryNapalm and @malefactus for their ongoing support and tips.

Enjoy:

• Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)