Sign in to follow this  
Gadgetman!

Some Things Transcend

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mcahogarth/some-things-transcend/description

About

9b937c58170e1a14697a965448c0cae5_origina

Many years ago, I accidentally started a story about a man who accidentally started a war, and that was a wild ride to the end, or at least, to what I thought was the end. Until I accidentally started a short story sequel that became a novel that made it clear that if we're going to start a war, we should at least see it through to the conclusion of its opening stages.

Which is where this book comes in.

919e450881c1a676cf137e32376b0dec_origina

Some Things Transcend is the second book in the Princes' Game series, which picks up directly where Book 1, Even the Wingless, leaves off. This is a six-book series, and only Book 1 has a paperback or audio edition. It's time to change that.

But wait! You say. I'm one of your fans, but I don't know this series. Why should I contribute to this? And lo, I say to you: the Princes' Game series interweaves with most of the other "modern" Peltedverse novels. Don't believe me? Have a look at this sketch of a timeline, where the stories of Reese and Hirianthial are in green, and the events of Princes' Game in red:

5f3ff5b0bb5d5bbdf992f9acb0dfba9f_origina

Even if epic war stories with violence, "adult situations," headgames, crazy redemption arcs, alcohol and drugs, revolts and revolutions, more crazy redemption arcs, and moral, ethical, and philosophical discussions are not your cup of tea, the events of the PG series will inform future series in the Peltedverse, which I am already at work on!

But wait AGAIN! You say. What if I've never read any of your work at all! And then I would say to you, "You can start with the free novel Earthrise" if you want a space opera romp in a universe populated with friendly aliens, fuzzy critters, space elves, and humans all working together, or you can start with the novel Mindtouch if you want a gentle "forever friendship" story of college students coming of age, or you can leap right into the R-rated, HBO-compatible Princes' Game series with Even the Wingless. Because epic war stories with violence, "adult situations," headgames, crazy redemption arcs, alcohol and drugs, revolts and revolutions, more crazy redemption arcs, and moral, ethical, and philosophical discussions!

But wait a THIRD time! I'm not into HBO-compatible anything! Or I don't like difficult stories without preparation! Don't worry, I've got you covered. I have a set of summaries of the entire series so you can read "ahead" and know what to prepare yourself for. (It's full of spoilers, but that's the point!) Go pick it up! Or don't, if you hate spoilers and prefer surprises!

Stretch Goals

So, some stretch goals! Just in case, even though this is only a week!  

• $750 - Are you tired of bookmarks yet? I hope you're not tired of bookmarks yet! At $750, everyone who gets a physical reward will receive one! You need more bookmarks!  
  • $1000 - I will write a short story about Vasiht'h telling Sehvi about his experiences during the events of Dreamhealers 5, "Family"! You know you want more Vasiht'h and Sehvi time. Everyone will receive an e-copy!
  • $1500 - Wait, another short? Yes, absolutely! This one will be a vignette, with Jahir's POV of acquiring the jackal chest and amulet rampant and communicating with 'the ambassador' during the events of Wingless. Everyone will receive an e-copy!
  • Over $1500 - I will wiggle a lot! And then tuck that money away to pay for the audiobook, which will probably cost about $3000. No, I am not expecting you all to hit $3000 in a week. I love y'all but please, buy groceries and stuff. <3

But Jaguar! You say. Why are your stretch goals so modest! Why don't you do Chatcaava plushes! We would totally be on board with Chatcaava plushes! 

Because, dear backers, I don't want to fall down on this job for you, and that means humble goals. *bows* I admit Chatcaava plushes would be adorbs though. 

But Jaguar, AGAIN! What if we want more vignettes or shorts!? 

I'm not opposed to this idea. Tell me what you're interested in seeing. >.>

Oh, and before I forget, the original for the Collector Level:

2de0a42b9e138e07a2a69ed085dddd04_origina

Risks and challenges

As much as possible I've streamlined this one so it takes very little by way of work. I've gotten very good at packing and shipping things!

I think the biggest risks are:

1. I get hyper and start throwing in prizes and things that I shouldn't because I like running myself to ragged shreds doing stuff;

2. I get too perfectionist about the things and fuss them to death over millimeter differences in whitespace only I am going to care about.

I think I'll be able to handle #2 since I've done OVER NINE THOUSAND of these Kickstarters. It's #1 you all are going to have to help me with. Sit on me if I start gibbering about something that sounds impossible, please?

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1

It funded succesfully, of course. And today we got the ebook version of the book, the print editions have been ordered and is expected to arrive in a timely manner. 

They're good..   

I'm currently working my way through the Dreamhealers books, and have completely missed one dinner so far...

All her books are available as eBooks, and some also as Paperback and even audiobook. 

If you decide to get some, don't forget to pick up 'Spots the Space Marine'(Yeah, the book that caused a certain gaming company to go ape...Also, not a part of her 'Pelted' universe. ) and sign up for her Patreon. There may or may not be a bit of exclusive content there. Also, her 'Lunchbag art'(She draws cute drawings on her daughters lunchbags)

She shipped out the last of the $55 book pledges today, only 13 days after project close. 

(Most of the $55 books went out yesterday, but one backer was late with the survey. )

Now it's just the wait for the book to appear in my mailbox.

• Like 2