https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mcahogarth/some-things-transcend/description

About

9b937c58170e1a14697a965448c0cae5_origina

Many years ago, I accidentally started a story about a man who accidentally started a war, and that was a wild ride to the end, or at least, to what I thought was the end. Until I accidentally started a short story sequel that became a novel that made it clear that if we're going to start a war, we should at least see it through to the conclusion of its opening stages.

Which is where this book comes in.

919e450881c1a676cf137e32376b0dec_origina

Some Things Transcend is the second book in the Princes' Game series, which picks up directly where Book 1, Even the Wingless, leaves off. This is a six-book series, and only Book 1 has a paperback or audio edition. It's time to change that.

But wait! You say. I'm one of your fans, but I don't know this series. Why should I contribute to this? And lo, I say to you: the Princes' Game series interweaves with most of the other "modern" Peltedverse novels. Don't believe me? Have a look at this sketch of a timeline, where the stories of Reese and Hirianthial are in green, and the events of Princes' Game in red:

5f3ff5b0bb5d5bbdf992f9acb0dfba9f_origina

Even if epic war stories with violence, "adult situations," headgames, crazy redemption arcs, alcohol and drugs, revolts and revolutions, more crazy redemption arcs, and moral, ethical, and philosophical discussions are not your cup of tea, the events of the PG series will inform future series in the Peltedverse, which I am already at work on!

But wait AGAIN! You say. What if I've never read any of your work at all! And then I would say to you, "You can start with the free novel Earthrise" if you want a space opera romp in a universe populated with friendly aliens, fuzzy critters, space elves, and humans all working together, or you can start with the novel Mindtouch if you want a gentle "forever friendship" story of college students coming of age, or you can leap right into the R-rated, HBO-compatible Princes' Game series with Even the Wingless. Because epic war stories with violence, "adult situations," headgames, crazy redemption arcs, alcohol and drugs, revolts and revolutions, more crazy redemption arcs, and moral, ethical, and philosophical discussions!

But wait a THIRD time! I'm not into HBO-compatible anything! Or I don't like difficult stories without preparation! Don't worry, I've got you covered. I have a set of summaries of the entire series so you can read "ahead" and know what to prepare yourself for. (It's full of spoilers, but that's the point!) Go pick it up! Or don't, if you hate spoilers and prefer surprises!

Stretch Goals

So, some stretch goals! Just in case, even though this is only a week!  

• $750 - Are you tired of bookmarks yet? I hope you're not tired of bookmarks yet! At $750, everyone who gets a physical reward will receive one! You need more bookmarks!  
  • $1000 - I will write a short story about Vasiht'h telling Sehvi about his experiences during the events of Dreamhealers 5, "Family"! You know you want more Vasiht'h and Sehvi time. Everyone will receive an e-copy!
  • $1500 - Wait, another short? Yes, absolutely! This one will be a vignette, with Jahir's POV of acquiring the jackal chest and amulet rampant and communicating with 'the ambassador' during the events of Wingless. Everyone will receive an e-copy!
  • Over $1500 - I will wiggle a lot! And then tuck that money away to pay for the audiobook, which will probably cost about $3000. No, I am not expecting you all to hit $3000 in a week. I love y'all but please, buy groceries and stuff. <3

But Jaguar! You say. Why are your stretch goals so modest! Why don't you do Chatcaava plushes! We would totally be on board with Chatcaava plushes! 

Because, dear backers, I don't want to fall down on this job for you, and that means humble goals. *bows* I admit Chatcaava plushes would be adorbs though. 

But Jaguar, AGAIN! What if we want more vignettes or shorts!? 

I'm not opposed to this idea. Tell me what you're interested in seeing. >.>

Oh, and before I forget, the original for the Collector Level:

2de0a42b9e138e07a2a69ed085dddd04_origina

Risks and challenges

As much as possible I've streamlined this one so it takes very little by way of work. I've gotten very good at packing and shipping things!

I think the biggest risks are:

1. I get hyper and start throwing in prizes and things that I shouldn't because I like running myself to ragged shreds doing stuff;

2. I get too perfectionist about the things and fuss them to death over millimeter differences in whitespace only I am going to care about.

I think I'll be able to handle #2 since I've done OVER NINE THOUSAND of these Kickstarters. It's #1 you all are going to have to help me with. Sit on me if I start gibbering about something that sounds impossible, please?

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're good..   

I'm currently working my way through the Dreamhealers books, and have completely missed one dinner so far...

All her books are available as eBooks, and some also as Paperback and even audiobook. 

If you decide to get some, don't forget to pick up 'Spots the Space Marine'(Yeah, the book that caused a certain gaming company to go ape...Also, not a part of her 'Pelted' universe. ) and sign up for her Patreon. There may or may not be a bit of exclusive content there. Also, her 'Lunchbag art'(She draws cute drawings on her daughters lunchbags)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1241236607/wickerpunk-rpg?ref=activity

Hi, we're Crow Land Publishing, and here's our first book, Wickerpunk. A supplement book for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, with application for all fantasy and horror games, such as Pathfinder, Call Of Cthulhu and even superhero games, like Champions. It will be 275 pages.
      Folk horror – horror and supernatural fiction that relies on elements of the past, folklore, superstition, the dreadful majesty of nature, the darkest urges of old religion. And old gods. Where the landscape itself is a symbol of fear and dark majesty. 

Heroic fantasy – a dream of blades and magic, a dream of defiance of the dark powers of the world, where we can be our truest ideals of our self. 

And when these genres collide – we have Wickerpunk.  A genre in which the ancient and natural world of the Wyld meets the imperialist world of Industry.
      If you like film such as Gawain and the Green Knight, Dragonslayer and The VVitch, you'll like our book.
      If you like games such as Maiden of Sker, Greedfall, and Hellblade, you’ll like our book. 

If you like anime such as Princess Mononoke, The Ancient Magus’ Bride and Faery Gone, you’ll like our book.
      If you like TV shows such as The Witcher, Game of Thrones, (especially the White Walkers stuff!) and the classic 1980s Robin of Sherwood, you’ll like our book. 
      If you like novels such as The Mists of Avalon, The Dark Is Rising and The Broken Sword, you’ll like our book. 
      Wickerpunk is a sourcebook that instructs GMs and players alike on what wickerpunk looks like in a game of D&D or any fantasy roleplaying game.
    • By Westfalia
      We have a small and short campaign live at Kickstarter.
      As the clunky title suggests, It's about a big virus, his small buddy and some masked adventurers.

The all in level is 50 USD (60 Canadian) + postage

Thanks for having a look!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/flying-virus-monster-vs-masked-adventurers

• By Cranky Dog
      I barely received my last campaign pledge from Midlam that already it has something that caught my interest.

Sisters of the Kraken Cult. The female counterparts of the previous "Onslaught of the Cult of the Kraken Lord" and "Cultists of the Kraken Lord". (I now have some regret of not getting it)

What's also interesting is the optional add-on of fish folk.

Brinewind is going to have some interesting neighbors.
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description

Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.

I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigchildcreatives/echoes-of-camelot-arthurian-legends

Story
      Echoes of Camelot: Arthurian Legends is a project that will expand our 75mm resin miniature range with new and exciting models based on the Matter of Britan, particularly around the figure of King Arthur and his Knights. We have many cool surprises prepared should you help us bring this dream to life.
      These miniatures have been sculpted and painted here at the Big Child Creatives studio with the collaboration of some of the most talented miniature artists out there. And what is more, they will be manufactured by our own talented team of resin casting experts. This allows us to monitor the process closely to ensure the best quality in the market and a timely delivery.
      We have learned a lot from our previous campaigns, and we want to put all this experience to good use, repeating everything we did right, improving upon it, and correcting our past mistakes. We invite you to join us in this journey of discovery throughout the Matter of Britain and its amazing cast of unique characters.
      This campaign is a journey of discovery, full of surprises such as custom bits to make your miniatures even more striking than they already are. Some of these kits will be Kickstarter exclusive, so those of you who choose to support us will be able to proudly show it through unique miniatures, even more full of life and character than our regular releases.

Painted by Ruben Martinez "RMA" Painted by Marc Masclans Painted by Arnau Lazaro
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)