Sign in to follow this  
Gadgetman!

The Reapermini Beta site for Europe.

Lured by the promise of speedy delivery, I attempted to try and make an order from the UK site today, but I couldn't find most of the minis I was looking for. Nothing fancy, just metal Pathfinder stuff. Looks like I'll be using the US site for my Christmas order :(

Unfortunately, that means I probably won't get it until after the New Year...

Bit of feedback for the beta site.

The search behaves strangely, that is not as would be expected from any other search.

1.  When the search term is not found then no results should be returned. Currently all are returned giving the impression that the search term was actually found (search for asdfasdf).

2. When clicking on a tag (in a miniatures view) I want that tag, either exclusively (new search with this tag) or in addition to the current search (drilldown). Currently I don't know what it does it certainly does not limit the results though. Search for warlord, click on the nun, click on the tag female, this results in the same result list as before.

3. Inconsistent pricing display, whatever you do at least make it consistent (although +VAT would be a good idea). This might be different for others, not sure what the criterium is for which kind of display is used.

• go  to frontpage, scroll down: Christmas Eve: €8.78 no more information.
  • click on it, €8.78 no more information.
  • search for 'christmas eve', direct to figure (1hit): €8.78 no more information.
  • search 'christmas': Page of  hits with christmas eve being priced €10.53 inc VAT €8.78 ex VAT (finally the information!)

4.  From a usability standpoint a faction (or category) selector on the left would be nice, the tags are there but for warlord the race is not exclusive.

5. (both beta and normal page): It would be nice if the warlord models which have been switched over to bone also get tagged warlord, searching with metal or bones should make it easy enough to differntiate.

Also what is with the disparity between items available in beta and US? DB export and import can't be that hard.

Edited by MoebiusStrip
formating fixes (bullet likst first point)
  • Like 4

I'm guessing that Reaper has decided to ship the most popular minis there first.

After all, it's a BETA site, and they want a bit of use, and the best way to do that is to make certain those minis most people would want is in stock.    

Odds are that they'll use customer's wishlists to decide what to stock next. 

• Like 3

Another issue.

Clicking a range, for example Chronoscope, does nothing.

It just shows all the minis.

• Like 2

Just placed an order on the site, couldn't find a lot of the minis that I wanted, so I ended up going through the entire catalogue to find some random bits and bobs to fill out the order.

I have to agree that the VAT issue is kinda annoying. A word of advice for people wanting to get any of the special offers- the qualifying total is the one WITHOUT the VAT added!  Hopefully Reaper will realise that in the UK we include the tax in the price of goods as standard (I seriously can't remember the last time I saw something on sale without VAT added into the total price.)

• Like 3

Discovered, not so much an issue, as an annoyance.

When I put my minis in the basket, it uses the non-VAT price (so Christmas Eve is £8.34 instead of £10.02 for example) then adds the VAT on at the end.

Problem is, the freebies and stuff are triggered by the non-VAT total, so essentially it costs me an extra £10 to get a 12 Days of Christmas mini.

I get that this is a UK government thing and not down to Reaper, but it has pretty much messed up my spending plans.

Oh well, it's not as if I really needed any Christmas minis.  

• Like 3

@Kuroneko and @aku-chan   did you create an account and log into it before you started shopping?

If not, the site wouldn't know how to handle VAT for you. 

(I'm in Norway, so outside the EU, and I pay VAT during customs, not when paying Reaper, so for me it works correctly... )

• Like 1

@Gadgetman! For some reason, the site was unable to finish my account creation, so I ended up ordering without an account. I would have emailed them about the issue but I didn't have much time due to work related chaos. I'll contact them before I make another order.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

@Kuroneko and @aku-chan   did you create an account and log into it before you started shopping?

If not, the site wouldn't know how to handle VAT for you. 

(I'm in Norway, so outside the EU, and I pay VAT during customs, not when paying Reaper, so for me it works correctly... )

Yep, made an account.

It doesn't calculate the VAT until I choose a shipping option, so it knows I'm in the UK.

• Like 4

A lot of the minis I want are not available through the EU site yet.

So I will probably use the Aussie dollar trick to get free shipping and order direct from Reaper USA.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 12:27 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Another issue.

Clicking a range, for example Chronoscope, does nothing.

It just shows all the minis.

That's because they don't have those minis, and as another poster noted a failed search returns all results.

• Like 1

Bugs:

Miniature page difference based on source of navigation. Page should be the same no matter from where it is reached, the page url is actually the same but page construction depends on origin it seems.

• Navigate to a mini page from the frontpage (scroll all the way down). Click on a category, this will result in a 404, note the url.
  • Search for the mini and click on it. Now click on a category, this will work.

Sorting does not work properly (A-Z). Go to CAV page sort from A-Z, result is it is not sorted properly, interestingly sorting from Z-A seems to work fine.

And a question:

Do the 12days minis replace the dungeon dweller minis?. If this is the case is there a way to choose the dungeon dweller over the 12 days mini?

What is shown during checkout:

01225 Bones Holiday Stocking Promotion

FREE
01620 Cat Dragon

FREE
Edited by MoebiusStrip
sorting bug

53 minutes ago, MoebiusStrip said:

Do the 12days minis replace the dungeon dweller minis?. If this is the case is there a way to choose the dungeon dweller over the 12 days mini?

What is shown during checkout:

01225 Bones Holiday Stocking Promotion

FREE
01620 Cat Dragon

FREE

No, they do not replace, they stack with.

You will receive both.