Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting To Know You August

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Thursday, August 16: What is something you thought you'd grow out of, but haven't?

Absolutely honestly: acne. :down:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Thursday, August 16: What is something you thought you'd grow out of, but haven't?

Enjoying bonfires.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I would be CAPTAIN CHAOS!!

Not a good guy or a bad guy, I'm the 'generally good natured and helpful, but occasionally grouchy and apathetic' guy. I generally use my powers for good, but it's not a 24/7 thing. If I'm off the clock, you'd better know the number for 911.  My powers are many: I'm really good at a ferw things, pretty good at a whole lot more, and not so hot at even more than that.

I'd be in both universes, that way my fans could grumble about how the most recent movie 'got my character wrong' due to the events of issues 27-32 clearly demonstrating that I would never/always (as the case may be) act in a certain manner. This would serve to create even more chaos, thus causing my reputation and powers to grow even more until I reach my ultimate goal of becoming a real person, whereupon I seize control of a couple dozen acres of woodland someplace remote to live in harmony with all the fuzzy critters and fling poo at those that come to bother me.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Captain? Or Professor?

image.png.5b636119a617c8e187f6bf59f259d25c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Executive Dysfunction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Staying up late to do just one more thing...

... And now it's 3 am.

(Note: I did stay up late last night to get some painting in but I was in bed by 12 am.)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Cartoons. No regrets!

Though I am more selective and discriminating in what I watch. There are many great shows with excellent writing. And a lot more who aren't.

• Like 6

I have no answer for the original question:

...I simply didn’t think that far ahead as a kid.

But with a rephrase:

Thursday, August 16: What is something [other people] thought you'd grow out of, but haven't?

...I could answer: cartoons and toy soldiers.

@Cranky Dog you are not wrong about the R/T (rubbish to treasure) ratio in the animated realm. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Thursday, August 16: What is something ...Others.. thought you'd grow out of, but haven't?

Going to go with TGP's rephrase. 

They all swore up and down I'd "grow out" of the desire to never have kids (but would instead get something that can take care of itself like a dog).  Still don't want any, but I do want a pair of mischevious rascals... now the question is, are said rascals ferrets, fennecs, or Malamutes? :p

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Not quite the same, but a memory some what related. 

Back when I was still in the single digits for age, I used to come home from school and watch Jeopardy with my mom, because it was on right before Star Trek reruns. I distinctly remember one episode of "kids jeopardy" that had a bunch of 12-13 year old boys on it, wearing suits, and otherwise looking all adulty and being really smart.  At some point during this, I turned to my mom and asked he if I would have to dress like that, and give up my toys when I turned 12.   I do not recall what her answer was, only that I asked the question.   Since I'm now several decades older, rarely wear suits and still have a lot of toys, I'm assuming her answer was "No, you won't have to"

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Cartoons. No regrets!

Though I am more selective and discriminating in what I watch. There are many great shows with excellent writing. And a lot more who aren't.

^^ So much this.

I've gotten to where I enjoy the eye rolls I get from the wife and kids...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Asthma triggered by a cold. At first the docs thought I had bronchitis every time I got sick. New city, new docs finally said asthma triggered by a cold, she'll grow out of it. Well, I'm 32 and still have a week of shortness of breath after every single cold. :zombie:

• Sad 6

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

No clue, I never really thought about it.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I can't say I planned to grow out of anything.

• Like 6